Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Time to buy a lift! Which one/what type?

Here it is on the back of the truck when I picked it up from the freight dock, my wife was terrified all the way home
:L
DSC00368.JPG

boss vette I am jealous that garage/barn looks HUGE

SEA lawyer sorry things did not work out for you.
We have been looking on and off for a bigger garage (I mean house) and its real exciting to be thinking of a new home

30x48 my origional plan was to split it with half workshop and half barn, and the lift at the overhead doors. We had our house and barn put up at the same time(the house is a 4 box modular). The barn was supposed to have 2 raised trusses at the overhead door, but they were never put in, since I didn't have the lift and was running out of money it didnt matter.
4 years later when I put in the lift I decided to put in inline with the sliding door 90 degrees to the trusses and have since modified one truss so I can raise my Pickup so I can stand under it, so it worked out for the better that the barn people left out the raised trusses I origionally wanted. I can have a car on the lift and still pull into my work area with another altho it is close.

I will say it again the lift is the best $2000 you can spend on tools if you do your own work.

My Ideal house is a 2 bedroom apartment on top of a 4 bay shop, my wife dosen't agree though.
Craig sr

Well I ordered my Autolifters M80 hoist yesterday complete with 2 sliding trays and 8" casters. I am expecting it the first couple of weeks in January. I will post pics when I get it.
Thanks all for the feedback and advice.

Mike
Winnipeg,MB

Remember the garage in Herbie the Love Bug?

Mike,

Got the lift yet? Anxious to see it.

Boss: I know EXACTLY what you mean - my IDEAL house would be an old firehouse, huge bays below and an apartment above... Know if only I could convince the one down the street to close down...

Vaughn

I love my Stinger Lift. They were one of the original manufacturers and I think they are built better than some of the copy cats. I'm sure most are functional. Look closely in person at the shows. Note the welds and steel thickness etc. You'll love having one.

Sealawyer

Funny you should ask. I picked my lift up in Grand Forks,ND on Friday and set it up yesterday. It took 2 of us about 3.5 hours to set up and works like a dream. It is everything I expected and more. The casters work great for moving around the shop. I will post some pictures on my webshots album tonight.

Later
Mike

You should add you Photo Page URL to your profile...
waiting for picture link

I finally uploaded some pictures of my new M80 hoist. The better pictures were taken with a conventional camera and I will scan them in this week.

Hoist pictures

MIke

Ps Sorry all had to put up on the hoist was my daily driver everything else is put away for the winter. :)

Looking good!

Looks like now all you need is the Wayne-Dalton garage door opener and you'd be GOLDEN!

I can't wait to buy one of these:
http://www.wayne-dalton.com/residential/DirectDrive.asp

I'm definitely gonna go with the M80. Have you tried the casters yet? If so, how easily does it roll around? What about with a vehicle on it?

Thanks,
Vaughn

Nice Hoist... and Garage.
Also good work erecting it in Winter-peg.... during winter.... Brrrrrrr

I have actually pushed the hoist to the back corner of my shop so it clears the opener. My shop is 40 by 30 with a 12 ft ceiling.

Mike

well here is a pi**er my truck is sitting outside with a dead fuel pump and a full tank of gas I had a bunch of teenagers try to push it in but all they succeded in doing is push it back 8 feet so it is more in the wind. :eek

Since I've been getting so many e-mails, I thought I post. I went with the pro-park 7 for $1900. They threw in the casters, the sliding jack tray, ramps, and three drip trays. The unit isn't the Cadillac of lifts but IMO it's definately the best value. The under ramp clearance is 5'8". Took me and my father-in-law about 8 hours. Probably could have done it much faster if I had the right metric sockets and wrenches - had to take a few trips to SEARS.
lift_02.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg
IMG_0584.jpg

They shipped the lift and a cherry picker for $130. I also used it to insulate the ceiling of my garage... ladder on top of plywood on top of lift. Glad OHSA wasn't around! :L
Brian

Sealawyer

The casters work great. I got the 8" hard casters. They take about 5 minutes to install. My floor is far from perfect and you can easily roll it with one person. Have not tried it with the car on though. Will repost when I do .

Later
Mike

Just ordered one online not a bendpak but same style, 4 post 8k lb with 37"rams, 3 drip trays, rolling jack tray, and castors for $1800. Send me a message if you want the telephone number. Shipping was $245 to mobile, al.
dave (david_drochak@direcway.com)

How do you like the backyard buddy ? what did it cost you ?

thanks for the info

Im between the buddy and an eagle lift ??

any hints

thanks

Jim

I like it a lot. As I said before I think it is one of the strongest on the market. However it was not cheap. I have almost $5200 in mine, but it has all the options and it is the extended lift model which is 10" wider and 3 feet longer than the standard. If you have a long wheelbase pickup you need the extra length

Options:
Disapearing Jack (this option is $1500 alone)
Extended aluminum ramps
3 catch trays
full casters
rolling jack tray

There are a lot of lifts out there just make sure check the dimensions and compare similar sized lifts.

And remember these are made in the USA to ANSI standards.

I purchased a Bend Pak two post service lift last fall for my pole barn (14ft ceiling - plent of room to spare).......I chose this one because the lift arms go low enought o fit under my C5 with out having to drive the C5 up on wooden blocks to get the lift arms under the car.....(a problem with some of the other brands).
Works great. Makes working under the Vette and my 442 along with our other vehicles a breeze....(getting to old to crawl under cars anymore.......).
10,000 lbs. lift weight. Lifts my 1999 Silverado easily.............
All you need is a 4" concrete floor. Good luck on your search.......

teamlift ?? auto lift ??

How about a lift called a TEAMLIFT SS7000 ??

Has the same model # as an Eagle lift but he says they are USA made ???

this lift deal is pretty hard to figure out with so many being the exact same lifts with differant names ??

Any body have any advise on this lift the TEAMLIFT SS7000 ????

Thanks for any help

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom