Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tired of reading Does anyone run a performer rpm under an 82 hood?

I guess we all come here with quick questions hoping to find answers. Only time on the forum educates us, as for many, this might be their first Corvette.

Myself, I'v had two, a 94 LT1 and now my 82 C3. Completely different animals, and when you consider the singular 82 year induction system, the question is compounded. Still I'd urge patience with New Members as they one day will arrive at 'Sage' status information-wise.
For those of you answering questions that seem never-ending in the realm of 'DUH', we do thank you for your patience and help.....:)

Oh hay, while I'm at it what tires fit the.........
What kind of Oil do you .......
Is the offset on the wheels for a ..........

LOL, lol....lol..

Ok, coming back to the clearance problem. In my readings about changing from Xfire to carb, I did read that a Performer would fit, however an 'Air Gap' would not (Too high) and that depending on the carburetor heigth and what aircleaner. The aircleaner needed to be a drop down style and the shortest filter available. Still there were some that had clearance problems and had to trim the inside of the hood slightly. But I gathered it wasn't much trimming, and that it wasn't visible on the outside. I think to answer your question, yes that is about the only manifold other than stock Camaro manifolds that fit due to heigth. Do some search in FI to Carb threads, I think you will find what info you will need to do everything. Also remember something about linkage, but these were all GM factory parts pieced together.

The Edelbrock Performer RPM will not fit under the hood of an 82 Vette. There are only two Edelbrock intake manifolds which will, the Performer and the Torker II.

You may be able to get away with a LT-1 drop base air cleaner bottom and a shorter filter but you may have some problem with the vent tubes and/or choke hitting the top of the air cleaner. If you are running a stock L-83 you would be better off with the Performer over the RPM anyway.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom