Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Tires

crumps

Time for new tires on my 2012 Grand Sport. I got 24K out of my original tires. Should I stick with the same tires? Your opinions please. Thanks for your time, Crumps

I have an 08 vert and I don't performance drive but I drive a lot .I got a little over 40,000 mile on Michelin RF all season .Check the CAC library for a good alignment spec .but only at speeds below 160 mph .

Last edited:
The originals are Goodyears, right...or are they Michelins? Never been a GY man, always preferred the Michelins, although I have Firestone RFs on 007 now. When they are worn out or aged out, I'll go with the Michelin AS ZPs (runflats)

I put Michelin Pilot A/S Run Flats on my 2011 Base Convertible. I found a considerable reduction in road noise and better handling. Bought them from Tire Rack which included two years road hazard protection and a 36,000 mile pro-rated warranty.

I also acquired a 2013 60th Anniversary 427 with only 4000 miles on it and the car was equipped with Michelin Run Flats that looked like they were brand new. Those tires were OEM.

Michelin Pilot Supersport ZP - if you don't drive in the cold or on ice or snow! Great summer performance tire.

Michelin Pilot A/S 3 + ZP - if you drive all year around - Not on snow or ice however and not on the track

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom