Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: To Wing or not to Wing??

ARKvette02

Corvette
As you all know I value the opinion of the CAC. Please feel free to comment !! OK, at the Corvette show in Reading, Pa there were NO Corvettes with wings. Most people told me that they didnt like those wings on the back of the car -BUT- they also said that it didnt look bad on my car. I bought it like this, so do I remove it OR leave it???? here are a couple of pics( I love showing pics!!):beer

You will probably receive a lot of guff about your wing. It appears if you don't follow the normal trends, than you are all wrong. Well that put aside, I am not a fan of wings on Vettes....but yours looks right in place. I wouldn't change a thing. The entire theme of your car screams SCCA race car. I like it. And besides, the only opinion that counts is yours. :thumb

Count me in! For your car it looks great. Leave the wing on!!

It seems to be unanimous, Billy. I'm not normally a Corvette "wing" fan, though I have seen some tastefully done rear spoilers...... B U T... I think it looks "right" on your model. In fact, I think it would look odd without it.

I'd leave it.
:wJane Ann

This thread is beginning to sound like a broken record, so I'll keep the trend going.

Generally speaking, I can't stand spoilers on Vettes except for 78s and 79s with Pace Car spoilers. But yours is a part of the whole package and finishes off the car very nicely. Keep it on and if anyone tells you to take it off, tell them they can do so when they hold the title;).

I'm Not a Wing Man!!:W
Except maybe for vett boy once in a while to keep him out'ta trouble!!:boogie:boogie:boogie
But you car looks good with the Ground Effects,Paint and Entire Scheme of it!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

I say Keep It!! :D:D:D

:beer

I'll just say, "Ditto"!

Keep it on and if anyone tells you to take it off, tell them they can do so when they hold the title;).

Amen to that! It's your car...if you like it, keep it...if you don't, take it off! Its that simple. :upthumbs Personally I agree with the masses, it completes the entire "theme"...wouldn't look right without it.

Now excuse me while I go hide my rear-wing equipped C4 from Eric's view... :chuckle

Bill, you can run but you can not hide! :boogie

If you track the car this set up looks real mean and I like it (on the track), but for me it would be way overboard for normal street use.

Since this is a voting issue, I will add my vote.
Most vettes are set up with a more conservative look for street use.
However yours has a "race car" theme. The wing fits the theme.
If it were removed the theme would remain and would not be noticed as gone.

So if you were to change the theme the wing would have to go, but as it stands it looks proper with the wing.
This is the general concensus. :w
Enjoy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom