Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tornado Air management system

Feltman

Corvette
1981 Dark Blue Coup
Anybody have this installed and what kind of feedback can you give?:pat

have not known anyone personally, but was told by a local repair guy that a vette came in, had a service engine soon lite that was on.
They did EVERYTHING to this car to try to fix it.
Ended up being one of those tornado wind intake foil thingys that was causing the sensor to read strangly and give him the Check engine Soon light.

So , I would not use one.

maybe some positives on the CAC from other users
Rain

Just send the money to me, I'll use it to light my bar-b-que... that way, your money will have served some purpose.

It is snake oil, a gimmick... a pretty stupid one at that.

Just say NO!

oh boy... yeah, many questions come to mind each time i see the infomercial on this device...

for one, the last time i checked, don't you wanna help keep the air stream moving freely through the intake system of your vehicle?? here, put this metal thing into your intake and your gas mileage will improve by an order of magnitude.. :eyerole i can improve my gas mileage by simply driving around using a lighter right foot, going downhill, or cruising on the highway....

let's see, what else..?? oh yeah - the fella on the infomercial says that the "spinning vortex" will help to atomize and mix the fuel and air better in the engine... okay.. so you are telling me that when i install this thing, that vortex is gonna stay tight after it passes through my maf screen and then - branch into eight smaller vortices only to flow into each of my eight cylinders..?? :eyerole doesn't the design of the combustion chamber help to mix the air and fuel??

something just does not add up here... or maybe i am the foolish one... if so, please educate me on this product...

also, during the tv ad for the device, you rarely hear the inventor talk - he just stands there and lets the host do all the talking..

the host says jet engines use "spinning air technology"..."why not use this technology for your car"... umm... the turbine engine uses spinning compressor blades to to pack more air into a smaller space -just like the reciprocating pistons in our ic powerplants-, and the turbine blades extract the energy from the combusting compressed air and, in turn, continue to turn the compressor blades...

sorry for my rant

Geof

Sounds like 3 against..
Id spend your $ elsewhere.

Get a K&N filter, cut the lid. Best and most bang for the buck in Horsepower gain.

For MPG gain, alter your driving habits.
Slower accel., let off the gas and coast to upcomming red lights. Try to avoid stop and go traffic times.

plus many many more Im sure you know of.

But dont get the As Seen on TV gadgets.
The only thing on TV ive ever bought that worked are those Movers Helpers.
THEY WORK!

rain

oops.4 against.. jon was typing as I was too.
rain

It must be that time of the year.. the Tornado touched down here a couple of times before :bu The Tornado interesting reading too ;)

Bud

Rain said:
have not known anyone personally, but was told by a local repair guy that a vette came in, had a service engine soon lite that was on.
They did EVERYTHING to this car to try to fix it.
Ended up being one of those tornado wind intake foil thingys that was causing the sensor to read strangly and give him the Check engine Soon light.

So , I would not use one.

maybe some positives on the CAC from other users
Rain

thats actually funny cause one dude is there at the beach with some bleached blonde saying how good it worked blah blah blah in his corvette!

Amazing how actors will say anything the cue cards say, for an amazingly low amount of $$$

HAHAHA

Rain

Thanks for all the info...next time I will do a better job of searching before posting....this group saved me $70, of which I can find a better use for NOS parts........still learning, but getting better!!:blow

i'm gonna buy one, do some tests with my gtech then return it to the store.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom