Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Touchup Paint for Carpet?

chevyaddict

Corvette
1990 Convertible
I have some rub marks on the carpet portion of my under dash to where the "fuzz" part of the carpet is rubbed off. Color is still pretty brilliant (bright red). I'd like to just get some touch up paint and go over these few areas so it isn't so obvious. I've searched the forums, haven't found much. I went to an autoshop and they have a generic red "vinyl and fabric paint" by Durablend but I'm not sure that red is the right red. Has anyone heard of such a product? Or, can I just use regular paint since it just spots here and there and match the color the best I can?

I've seen and used vinyl paint but I've never heard of carpet paint.

-Mac

I have some rub marks on the carpet portion of my under dash to where the "fuzz" part of the carpet is rubbed off. Color is still pretty brilliant (bright red). I'd like to just get some touch up paint and go over these few areas so it isn't so obvious. I've searched the forums, haven't found much. I went to an autoshop and they have a generic red "vinyl and fabric paint" by Durablend but I'm not sure that red is the right red. Has anyone heard of such a product? Or, can I just use regular paint since it just spots here and there and match the color the best I can?
SEM and Mar-Hyde both make carpet and vinyl dye,They can mix it to your trim code on the car!:thumb
My paint store here in NC can even put it in a spray can for you,I just use my Sata Jet HVLP topcoat gun though.:D

:beer

Ooo! Very good to know. I'm going to stop off at one place here in town that just might have something and if they don't then I just might avail myself of that! Thanks!!!

Your post got me thinking of the sun bleached spots in the back deck of my 87 C4.
I searched the Internet an found some paint called Simple Spray. I ordered a can of Bright Red through Amazon and will give it a try when it arrives

Your post got me thinking of the sun bleached spots in the back deck of my 87 C4.
I searched the Internet an found some paint called Simple Spray. I ordered a can of Bright Red through Amazon and will give it a try when it arrives

Very cool! Please let us know how it works!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom