Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Touchup Paint for Your Corvette

fine69

Corvette
'69 Convertible Vette; '72 Z28 Camaro Rally Sport
If you don't already have a source for your touch-up paints, I HIGHLY recommend Microfinish LLC of Harahan, Louisiana (http://www.automotivetouchup.com or 1-888-710-5192).

Paint orders are custom-mixed based on your paint code, and then loaded into your choice of:
  • 12 oz aerosol spray can,
  • 1/2 or 2 oz touchup paint bottle, or
  • Paint pen
I've used their 12 oz aerosol spray cans. These are not like the paint bombs you get at the hardware stores. Rather the nozzles are designed to spray similar to a paint gun. I don’t what’s in the mix, but the paint is almost fool-proof.

In the past, I've ordered Cranberry Red base coat for the Camaro (code 75) in aerosol spray. I applied it, color sanded it, buffed and polished it, and it looked great.

Recently I finally decided to repaint my wiper door/moulding, and grill. I ordered Monza Red base coat (code 974), and also ordered their clear coat... aerosol spray cans. I painted the items yesterday, and they looked great. When I got home this evening I sprayed the items with the clear coat. WOW is all I can say! Smooth and shiny as glass without all the sanding and rubbing. I'll post some pics when these items dry out.

Oh, and the Microfinish company has excellent customer service! I'm totally satisfied (good news for a change).

Ralph
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom