Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

TPI L98 in-depth tune article...

Schrade

Corvette
'90 LT 5
edit:
Looks like CAC servers are auto-resizing images; send your email in a PM for full-size images.

This is the magazine with the article. The seller is a good guy; if I remember correctly he had a Baldwin Motion C3. Scanned and emailed the article to me 2 years ago, after I lost the original in '01.

I'll post it up in the am when I get on another machine. Lots of tune specs and tips...

Never mind my comments and stuff - I never got a nickel for wrenchin' so I know nuthin'...

attachment.php

attachment.php

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.

How 'bout 3 ???
th_icon_stooges.gif

and this message needs more characters posting in it too :bash
:D

Just completed a quick read. Lots of good stuff, so I'll go back and reread a few times. A few early comments. I like how Ray approached the TPI. His comment on "enthusiasts" is right on. First step is to understand how the TPI works. His comment on minimum air rate is right on. How many times does someone play with that screw who thinks this is an idle speed adjustment? I never realized the importance of vacuum on a TPI setup. What I have learned first hand on my two L98s, and helping others, is the wonderful return in a better running TPI when properly tuned. One error I found is that the 1988-89 TPIs use 22 lb injector, not 24.

Just completed a quick read. Lots of good stuff, so I'll go back and reread a few times. A few early comments. I like how Ray approached the TPI. His comment on "enthusiasts" is right on. First step is to understand how the TPI works. His comment on minimum air rate is right on. How many times does someone play with that screw who thinks this is an idle speed adjustment? I never realized the importance of vacuum on a TPI setup. What I have learned first hand on my two L98s, and helping others, is the wonderful return in a better running TPI when properly tuned. One error I found is that the 1988-89 TPIs use 22 lb injector, not 24.

Every time I re-read it, I see something that means more now than the first time I read it.

It should be printed out, and put in the 'library' (where the seat has a hole in the middle) ;LOL. Even what you don't understand, will come to ya' at some point.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom