Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Trailer/Hauler (Callaway) Anyone have experience w/ these?

*89x2*

Anyone have experience w/ Hodges beds???

Good / Bad??

...Just looking at stuff I probably shouldn't ;)

90Ford.gif

This one is for sale for $16k

However, these look like a nice option :cool

closed1.gif

closed2.gif

The Hodges Custom Hauler enclosure is made using a "state of the art" material called Alucobond (2 thin sheets of aluminum with a hard core center).This allows us to have a smooth side, with no rivets or joints. We have priced the enclosed bed 19', (installed on a one ton truck), includes frame lengthening, 9,000 lb. Pierce winch, 4 tool boxes, clipped corners, 2 winch binders, heavy deck, wheel well moldings, Texas ramps, hitch, back-up lights, 4 deck lights, 2 interior-overhead lights, 16 side lights, 3 lights above roll-up rear door, combination turn-tail-brake lights, painted to match your truck (single stage), 1 gas cup, small access door on each side, and walk thru door on driver's side, also includes air dam above cab

OR...

draghauler2.gif

:upthumbs Nice rigs Chris. If you plan to trailer your car to events, especially long-distance events, you won't believe how much pressure is off and the more comfortable you feel the whole time. I really hate to sell my trailer... BUT I SURE WISH SOMEONE WOULD BUY IT! :hb

_ken :L

I'll take the 2nd one. If anyone finds a company that leases those... let us know! I'll be taking one to Bloomington!

Hey, that second model looks like a good trick approach for another garage when the wife has absolutely prohibited the required construction process. It could also double as a spare bedroom...

Does anyone know what prices might be on the Hodges truck/garage combination? It looks pretty slick.

mangusta1969 said:
Does anyone know what prices might be on the Hodges truck/garage combination? It looks pretty slick.

Steve - I like your way of thinking ;)

Here are some prices...

Sample package:

19' bed, two tool boxes, wheel stops, (includes frame stretch)-$3595
2 Additional tool boxes-$330
Extended T-bar, bottom filled in with 4 lights-$295
9000 pound Pierce winch-$675
Winch cover-$75
Clipped Corners (front)-$75
2 Winch Binders (front top)-$100
Heavy Deck-$150
Raised Sides-$200
Wheel well molding (rear)-$70
Texas Ramps-$200
Hitch-$100
4 Deck Lights-$80
Back-up-lights (pair on rear)-$40
2 Additional side lights-$24
Prep, primer, & paint (one color)-$1275
1 Gas Filler Cup-$20
Total Price of Bed - $7304
Same bed as above, but with an 18' bed and a 12,500lb. winch and a
wheel lift-$8384
This is a sample bed quote to help you determine what options you might
want on your very own Hodges bed. You may add or subtract any options.
If you need any help in determining the price on a
particular bed, then please give us a call at 1-800-851-7229 or you can
Bed prices include frame lengthening, slide out ramps, 4 fold down D-rings, adjustable stops, 6 side lights, 2 combination turn-tail-brake lights, 2 tool boxes with stainless steel latches. Prices do not include paint.

Basic Bed (wedge or flat with a dove tail) $3295 - 17'
$3395 - 18'
$3595 - 19'
$3695 - 20''

Paint to match cab (single stage)
(Extra fee for custom paint, and

$275 extra for paint not mixable in single stage.)
$1275 - 1 color/ $1450 - 2 colors/ $1675 - 3 colors

Enclosed:

The Hodges Custom Hauler enclosure is made using a "state of the art" material called Alucobond (2 thin sheets of aluminum with a hard core center).This allows us to have a smooth side, with no rivets or joints. We have priced the enclosed bed 19', (installed on a one ton truck), includes frame lengthening, 9,000 lb. Pierce winch, 4 tool boxes, clipped corners, 2 winch binders, heavy deck, wheel well moldings, Texas ramps, hitch, back-up lights, 4 deck lights, 2 interior-overhead lights, 16 side lights, 3 lights above roll-up rear door, combination turn-tail-brake lights, painted to match your truck (single stage), 1 gas cup, small access door on each side, and walk thru door on driver's side, also includes air dam above cab. Price-$22,800.

closed1.gif

Add in the price of a 1 ton truck...

00229086607.jpg

DESCRIPTION :
1999 FORD F-350, XLT SUPER DUTY DUALLY PowerStroke diesel, all power, #15377A Only $23,995

or a little smaller (cab) ...

00341316107.jpg

DESCRIPTION :
1999 FORD F-350, at, ac, pw, pdl, cc, tw, CD, xcab, Powerstroke diesel, Dually $17,995

Here is another - already ready to work :upthumbs
00380490815.jpg

DESCRIPTION :
1994 FORD F-350, CREW CAB, white, auto, 4 dr, V8, ac, ps, pb, pw, leather int, premium wheels, tow pkg, extra clean, must see, 2002 Hodges Ramp bed, ready to haul, stk #P2760, $15,950, James O'Neal Dodge, 256-396-2155 or 866-663-2523, onealdeals@yahoo.com.

EricVonHa said:
I'll take the 2nd one. If anyone finds a company that leases those... let us know! I'll be taking one to Bloomington!

Eric, Here is the reply I got today from Hodges...

"Chris,

You have a choice, we can build the bed any length you want. The most
common lengths are 18 and 19'.

The enclosed ones that we have built so far have been 18-20'.

The ramps are usually 7-71/2 ' For one of the enclosed units that we built,
the customer was hauling a Ferrari race car, and he needed especially long
ramps, we did a 2 part aluminum ramp that stretched out to 12'.

We don't have any distributors, we build each bed on the truck, so the truck
has to come here. We do not rent them out.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Let me know what area
you are in, and I will look through our records and see if we have any
recent customers that have our haulers there. "

Sorry, no rentals... I asked if there are any built in the Mid Atl. area to at least look at (and CONvince into renting??? ) :beer

Nice, but a little spendy.

If my understanding is correct, the mobile garage option adds about $22K to the price of a used diesel dually ($18-23K). Is that correct? I could get a pretty nice daily driver TT for quite a bit less...

Steve- Wanna split the cost? Depending upon where we're buying cars we could store the rig at my place on the East Coast or your place on the Left Coast... :)

CC- Thanks for checking into it! Recently a guy up the road from me has had 3 :eek, not one or two BUT 3!! Renegade haulers in the front of his property. I don't know if they're set up for cars, horses or whatever but I plan on stopping in verrrrry soon!

Eric,

Why don't you ditch out of Philadelphia before the cold sets in and come west to Reno/Lake Tahoe or Las Vegas? I will leave Fire City (San Diego) and go to Reno/Lake Tahoe.

Then we can share a Hodges Hauler in good style and be free of rust, humidity, high traffic, city gangs, drug dealers, fires, and earthquakes. Many roads in Nevada have no real speed limit on them, too...

We could go to the Silver State Classic, National Air Races and Hot August Nights every year. Doesn't sound too bad, does it? You could still visit Phila during nice weather periods for an occasional Cheese Steak fix.

Where are those Hodges Haulers boys located? One of the phone numbers was in Alabama, but I couldn't locate any real information on them, even with the powers of Google trying to help me.

mangusta1969 said:
Eric,
Then we can share a Hodges Hauler in good style and be free of rust, humidity, high traffic, city gangs, drug dealers, fires, and earthquakes. Many roads in Nevada have no real speed limit on them, too...

We could go to the Silver State Classic, National Air Races and Hot August Nights every year. Doesn't sound too bad, does it? You could still visit Phila during nice weather periods for an occasional Cheese Steak fix.

Bonus! Sounds like a plan! I like the "no speed limits" part of that too! :)

mangusta1969 said:

Sounds like my kinda place - Wonder how long Hodges can stretch that frame on the truck ;)

No Speed limits :Silly :Twist :upthumbs :pat ;worship :Steer

mangusta1969 said:
Hey, that second model looks like a good trick approach for another garage when the wife has absolutely prohibited the required construction process. It could also double as a spare bedroom...

Isn't this close by Mangusta??????????????????

1997 CHEVROLET HODGES CAR HAULER
LOT #484 - NO RESERVE
2004 BJCCA XPO
Full Size
OPTIONS
COLOR - RED
TRANS - AUTO
ENGINE SIZE - 454
LOADED WITH ALL OPTIONS. 68,000 ACTUAL MILES, MAINTAINED TO VERY HIGH STANDARDS, NEVER IN AN ACCIDENT.

2004BJCCA2_484_Spc.jpg
link to auction:

Hodges Car Hauler in Scottsdale Auction

Scottsdale is about 6-7 hours away from San Diego; 4-5 if by Callaway...

Since the auction in Scottsdale is not until late January, I am figuring that bad weather will set into the Phila. area by then, causing Eric to ditch out of there and relocate to the Reno area. That is where we will share an enclosed Hodges hauler, rather than the low rent open hauler listed for Scottsdale.

Thanks for the link, though. You never know, Eric may be tougher than I think once the winter sets in.

What do you guys think the open hauler might go for in Scottsdale? That could be a good way to bring one of the Callaways back from there.

Re: Hodges Car Hauler in Scottsdale Auction

mangusta1969 said:

What do you guys think the open hauler might go for in Scottsdale? That could be a good way to bring one of the Callaways back from there.
I'd give $17.5k for it - less if the chrome surrounds don't yank off the door handles :eek

The more I look at the enclosed ones, the more I dig it - Parking may be a problem though ;)

mangusta1969 said:

Steve, How about one of these :eek

(both are avail, used for mid 60's :crazy )

King of the road for sure :upthumbs

crewzer.jpg

toter.jpg

My wife hates you

Chris,

You are a bad man. My wife hates you.

How many cars will that white baby hold? It looks like it has enough room for a beer fridge, one or two cars, a cot, and an internal dog house.

That would have been a good San Diego fire evac vehicle for me a couple of weeks ago. I had to move three cars several blocks away from the canyon rim and I had the new (to me) CR1 in the garage loaded and ready to go even further away. With the white truck/trailer, I could have evaced some tools and other valuables, too.

Eric, has the mercury dipped in Phila yet? You could load that white baby up with your stuff and head west before the northern passes are closed. You would probably have to keep the truck at your new Reno ranch, as I don't think I have enough wife-approved outside parking for a rig that big at my place.

Steve, Thats a Ford production model called the "SupercrewZer" One seriously BAD Azz machine - the spec's are impressive for sure :eek

I do belive you could live in the white one, for at least the time it takes your bride to settle down, maybe more ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom