Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Trailer/Hauler (Callaway) Anyone have experience w/ these?

..well, after much thought, I contacted the seller on the red Dodge above - the price had been dropped to $24,900 and of course it had SOLD by the time I got to being serious about it :eek

I had a chance to drive one though - a Chevy w/ a 454 - with a Corvette loaded on the back, it ran / rode so smooth! :cool Like there wasn't even a car piggybacking :upthumbs

I think that if another one like the Dodge comes avail., I will be faster to react :cool

1145569978245_9299.jpg

It looks like it would work well!
Should be easyer to get in and out of car in the box.
To bad you would need a CDL to drive it!

It looks like it would work well!
Should be easyer to get in and out of car in the box.
To bad you would need a CDL to drive it!

John, could the CDL not be required if it was a "not for hire" carrier??

I drive trucks up to 26k lbs w/ out isue - however, laws vary state to state :cool

I had some hauling experiences this past weekend - Some have asked if a C6 will fit one of these...

Will it fit?? I have seen elsewhere where folks claimed it would not - they are wrong! :crazy

For $50.00/day, you can rent a U Haul for a local rental (local rentals = pickup and return to the same store) and load your C6 right on, and haul away :upthumbs

It helps to have a second person, as the C6 is much "tighter" than my C4's ever were :ohnoes While I am not sure about a new Z06, the base C6 fots just fine, with plenty of room to spare ;)

When loading/unloading, I did find it best to load "into an incline" to lessen the degree of the ramps. Also, I used two small "helper" ramps to lessen the angle a bit. Backing to your curb would do the same thing :cool

I hope this helps :beer

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hmmm. The add says "1984 Peterbilt toy hauler, like new. Has a 440 cummings engine with only 700 miles. 10 speed road ranger. 28 foot box. Trailer has lift and a wench."

It also says "Sleeper has new mattress." For the wench, no doubt.;LOL

Yeah, not too sure about the wench :ohnoes

It would be neat if that truck could haul two Corvettes in the back. With just the capacity for one, it is not quite as practical as it could be for such a large truck. Looks to be in great shape - if you are out of garage space, it would be ideal for hauling and storage both :upthumbs

Sorry, but that's the stupidest thing I ever saw. Lets park overnight at the Holiday Inn with our race car, extra rims, tools, etc. " handy "

IT'S GROUND CLEARANCE IS TO LOW; IT WOULD NEVER CLEAR MY DRIVEWAY OR MOST RAILROAD CROSSINGS!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom