Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Trailing Arm Advise

crause

Corvette
75 Convertible-steel blue / 2000 lt. pewter conv.
I have my Vette at the shop and the mechanic is going to pull the trailing arms off so that I can send them to be rebuilt. I have done a lot of research and there are a lot of companies out there that will rebuild them. I am afraid of being scammed on the core charges because I believe that some of the rebuilders will give you a low price just to get your business and then not give you a fair price for you cores. Should I get the rebuild with the new rotors or have mine redone? Least expensive shipping? Has anybody had good or bad experiences with any of the big companies?
Thanks

:w Andy,

Stingray6974 is the one person that comes to mind when you ask about intergrity and getting treated right. I've know Mike for several years and I have NOT met anyone as knowelgable and fair as he is.

Shoot (figure of speech) him an email or checkout his website. I don't hesitate at all recommending or endorsing Mike ;) as one C3 Corvette owner to another ;)

Bud Dougherty
Amarillo, TX

Bair's (Linesville, PA) does outstanding trailing arm work - they'll send you special boxes to ship them in, and do the job right. :)

There is only 1 place I would go... he rebuilds for most of the big resellers out there:

http://www.vtechcorvette.com/

I had mine done by Gary... I actually went out to his house/shop and dropped off the parts myself. Turned eveything around in a week for me... including my diff.

Dave

Hi Andy,
Here is my standard trailing arm rebuild:
TimkenUSA bearings
national seals
new backing plate
new e-brake shoes
SS e-brake hardware
new dust shield
new studs and nuts
new guide plate
new cable guide
new deflector
new bushings
new wheel studs
Spindle trued if I reuse yours
All parts media blasted and painted. Bearings set up at .001 end play.
Assembled with Mobil 1 lube.
Powdercoating is available

Turnaround time is usually one week. I can give you a list of references if you like.
Mike

Hey Crause,
I too can vouch for Bair's. The price was exactly as quoted. I received shipping boxes quickly. Great work!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom