Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Transmission Seal leaks

Mr. Chuck

Corvette
1981 Two tone silver / dr grey
Anyone with opinions regarding transmission seal leaks and the need for immediate service to performed replacement of all related seals. Or alternatives to the physical replacement of transmission seals, i.e., the use of additives to rejuvinate old seals to stop seal leaks.

You can use Lucus Trans Fluid....its pretty good.....they have it at all auto parts stores....I did that for awhile before I had it rebuilt.....works pretty good.......

Thanks for the info, looks like it is worth a try to delay the rebuild down time.

interestingly enough, my 4 speed leaked like it was it's job, then when it stopped leaking, I figured it was dry, so I pulled out the bolt on the side, and it is full. Don't know how they did it, but they way, overfilled it. It leaked out of all the seals. now that the fluid level is right, I don't need my pan under the car. if you have a manual tranny, check to see what fluid level is.:pat:

where in southern cali are you? I have a friend with a brand new t-350, sitting in a crate, he's dying to get rid of it. I'm in oceanside, near carlsbad.

Daryllawman said:
You can use Lucus Trans Fluid....its pretty good.....they have it at all auto parts stores....I did that for awhile before I had it rebuilt.....works pretty good.......

I tried that stuff in my P/S system. Went thru 2 bottles of it in 700 miles before I decided I needed new stuff. I think most of the time the seals are either petrafied solid or wore out, or both - that these miracle cures won't fix. Hocus pocus only works in magic shows.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom