Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Trouble Codes off '96

Corvette
none right now :(
Is there a way on the late C4's to pull the codes without a reader? I know you can on the C5. I would rather not pay for a scanner:)

You need a special OBDII scanner which you should be able to find at your local autoparts store.

I don't know if this will work on your '96, but on my '94, I had the key turned off, took a paperclip and connected the #4 and # 12 pins, then turned the key on and wrote down my error codes.

I posted this issue on July 25th, titled Error codes on OBD2 for a '94.
Here is one of the responses that I recieved.

It might work for you

The procedure Cruise used will work on a 95. The 16 pin connector is numbered left to right, 1 thru 8. The bottom is, left to right 9 thru 16. Ground pins 4 & 12 & then turn ignition "on" but not to start.
After turning the ignition on the CCM will display any DTC"S & the module to which they apply in an automatic display sequence. The CCM is module 1.
The PCM/ECM is module 4. The ABS/TCS EBTCM is module 9. The DERM is module A

During display each DTC is displayed for 3 secs, The end of the DTC list for each module is indicated by "___" being displayed in the speedo..

A C-12 indicates no stored DTC"S for the CCM.

When all DTC"S have been displayed the trip monitor will display 1.0 & the speedometer will be blank.

If you need more please e-mail.
Rabbit

Corvette Ownership
1995 ZO7 drk red metallic

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom