Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Turbo refurb news....

• Thread starter Thread starter SurfnSun
  • Start date Start date
S

SurfnSun

Just a bit of FYI... there is a guy here in Ocala, FL that rebuilds turbos. I talked to him at length today. Assuming he knows what he's talking about he said he can rebuild the T04bs for under $1000...he quoted me around 700 if the housing is in good condition.

Good news eh?

Surf, Good deal! Did they indicate about the housing availability?
A few of us spoke at length the other day at lunch, regarding the topic and it is a concern to many...
TIA! *89x2*

He didn't think it would be a problem getting the parts for any of it. But obviously if the housing is screwed up the price goes way up.

Turbo Rebuild Question

SurfNSun,

Can you ask your rebuilder source what the cost would be if the following conditions exist on a 90 TO4B turbo (i.e., housing not in good condition):

Housing cracked
Inside of housing scored badly due to impeller rub
Broken impeller blades (high temperature side)

I am afraid that the first two cases basically cannot be rebuilt without new or NOS parts that are no longer available.

Thanks

He told me yesterday that all the parts needed for the turbo are available. He told me the story behind the Garrett/Rotomaster relationship. He also stated that the water cooled housing is a common design. I'll post his phone number when I get to work.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom