Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

TURN ON YOUR TV!! SPEED CHANNEL 3pm EST or 1pm MST

EricVonHa

Corvette
'93 6-Speed & '87 Callaway
The Callaway Sledgehammer, C12, C7r, TT Speedster ZR1, etc are all being auctioned TODAY at the Barrett Jackson auction.

The auction starts at 3pm Eastern time and 1pm Mountain time. The Callaways start at car #681 which will be a little while after the start-- but start watching at the beginning to be on the safe side.

If anyone has a DVD recorder-- please record!

Just talked to Cameron at the show. As he walked up to the Sledge and speedster who's standing there, Chris and Luigi! Oh how I would love to be there! It's a big day for all Callaways. This event and Bloomington will put these cars "on the map" where they belong.

kruzmisl said:
Just talked to Cameron at the show. As he walked up to the Sledge and speedster who's standing there, Chris and Luigi! Oh how I would love to be there! It's a big day for all Callaways. This event and Bloomington will put these cars "on the map" where they belong.

Know what you mean, watched every minute of this so far and as a matter of fact, I gotta go cause its coming on. :beer

Small world indeed! Glad they were able to meet up. It's good that he's hanging out with the car guys rather than chasing all those university girls ;) (more studying that is :))

Car #654 was auctioned at 4pm EST.

The Callaways probably have another hour to go....

One thing that's interesting in closely following the proceedings is that they go slightly out of order. :confused

In switching to a commercial break-- They showed the C12 flying down the road-- "Stay tuned"

The Callaway Owners Group received recognition on the Speed Channel Broadcast!! I sent the Speed Channel an email asking them to make mention that there are several Callaway Owner's Group members in attendance to see these cars be auctioned-- and they announced it live !

Not once-- but TWO TIMES they mentioned the Callaway Owners Group on the live speed channel broadcast!!

Reeves gave a brief introduction to the cars before they rolled up on the stage. All cars were "no reserve" and this is the 1st time that he's ever put cars through an auction such as this.

The end result?? Well, the same guy purchased the Speedster, Sledgehammer, C7r and the C12!! Wow!! He's $700k lighter!

They interviewed Mike Zoner for a half a minute on how fast the C7r has gone. "Too fast"

Also deserving special recognition is our own moderator that was actively bidding on the C7r. Way to go CC!! You're 3 minutes of fame was on National TV !!

EricVonHa said:
The end result?? Well, the same guy purchased the
Speedster, Sledgehammer, C7r and the C12!! Wow!! He's $700k lighter!
I saw your fearless leader walking away after the C7-R closed. Hopefully he's turning Daddy Warbucks onto the Reunion at Carlisle and the forums here. The thing I liked was that when they asked what he was going to do with the cars he answered "I drive all of my cars.":upthumbs

- Eric:w

Yah, "I drive all my cars too!" He's gonna need some help driving all four at the same time. I'll volunteer to paint black marks for several hundred feet with that TT ZR1!

EricVonHa said:
Yah, "I drive all my cars too!" He's gonna need some help driving all four at the same time. I'll volunteer to paint black marks for several hundred feet with that TT ZR1!
Cool Eric, you take that one, I'll take the Sledgehammer:D. - Eric

Wow!! I knew that guy bidding on that C7R looked familiar. Great job Chris. I hope you talked that guy into haveing those cars at Bloomington or Carlisle.

kruzmisl said:

Paul, I hope Cameron got some great pics for you - he seeemd to have a great time :beer

EricVonHa said:
The Callaway Owners Group received recognition on the Speed Channel Broadcast!! I sent the Speed Channel an email asking them to make mention that there are several Callaway Owner's Group members in attendance to see these cars be auctioned-- and they announced it live !

Not once-- but TWO TIMES they mentioned the Callaway Owners Group on the live speed channel broadcast!!
Eric, Thank you - That was great :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom