Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Turn Signal Adjustment

berry1133@bellsouth.net

Hello guys. I searched the forum for an answer but, I could not find one. When i make a right turn, I have to manually cancel the signal. When making a right turn, the signal is very sensitive and I must activate the signal continuously. Is there an adjustment that I can make?

BBerry

Check the canceling switch under the steering wheel. You may have a broken spring.

The problem I had with the tunel signal lever is that I had to almost brake it to turn it on (but that is normal for a C3). When rebuilding the steering column I removed the small spring under the steering. Now you can activate the lever with your pink so look at that!

Greetings Peter

Yep...gonna have to pull the steering wheel and all the other parts to get down to the turn signal cam. As you probably already know, the turn signal lever attaches to the cam with a single screw. If this screw becomes loose, then right turn signals become very difficult. Just need to tighten, possibly locktite that screw.

Before doing this, I would suggest getting a replacement horn contact as unless you have had it apart recently, it will break. They are $7.95 from Corvette Central. I am currently waiting for this to arrive so I can put the steering column back together. First time this steering column has been apart since being assembled in 1980. The horn contact came apart in pieces....it was very brittle.

Between the cancel springs and the cancel cam. If a spring is losing it's bounce or the cam is positioned incorrectly (they can slip) it can make them cancel too quickly. As noted, the lever arm can get loose too. If either side is not going fully into the detent----

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom