Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Twin Turbo Exhaust tips

malc350

Corvette
1996 LT-4 Z51 CE
Question for you fellow Twin Turbo guys. Do TTs have square outlet exhaust boxes like an LT1 or are they just exhaust tips?
As many of you know my car is a 90 but I have a custom stainless steel exhaust with L98 type outlets.

Just wondered what a stock 90 TT exhaust looked like?

Regards, Malc.

Something else we were discussing at Carlisle this past weekend

Malc - I can't tell exactly what yours look like because of the angle of the picture which is looking down at the car. I do see there are two pipes out of each muffler. The system I had on my '90 TT which I believe was stock to my car looked similar. It seems all the other TT's that were in attendance at Carlisle had a similar muffler but there was a Callaway tip that went over both pipes. It is basically a rectangular stainless steel cover with rounded ends. It is also stamped with the Callaway name. I'm sure some pictures from the event will be posted soon that will show this. I was a little unclear to me as to whether Callaway just added this covering on the GM supplied muffler or not.

TT exhaust tips

I think my exhaust is a stainless steel copy of a stock system (but with no cats [YES!!!]). Just wondered about the Callaway tips because a lot of pics I've seen seem to show LT1 type outlets.

If Callaway did this type of outlet first I wonder if that's where Chevy got the idea?!

Re: Something else we were discussing at Carlisle this past weekend

90Callaway said:
Malc - I can't tell exactly what yours look like because of the angle of the picture which is looking down at the car. I do see there are two pipes out of each muffler. The system I had on my '90 TT which I believe was stock to my car looked similar. It seems all the other TT's that were in attendance at Carlisle had a similar muffler but there was a Callaway tip that went over both pipes. It is basically a rectangular stainless steel cover with rounded ends. It is also stamped with the Callaway name. I'm sure some pictures from the event will be posted soon that will show this. I was a little unclear to me as to whether Callaway just added this covering on the GM supplied muffler or not.

90Callaway, Mine looks like the rounded Callaway tip over the stock mufflers (dual outlets function on both sides)
I still liked how your looked w/ the whitish "burns" and the flame effect that really gave my wife the chills ;) *89x2*

Had I only known

The effect I (I mean my car) was having on your wife! ;) :L

Yes, the Callaway tips look much like the LT1 style. They give the appearance of one large outlet. Chris's car and as far as I recall just about all the other TTs had them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom