Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ultimate exhaust

F

fatboyreyn

Well guy's after 12 months and tons of money I have came accross what I think is the best c4 exhaust. I was looking for loud at WOT without interior resonance when cruising. Not an easy feat. I have finally ended my search with the following system. Comments are welcome.

Front true dual 2 1/4" y pipe from Corvette Central.
Rear y pipe, true dual, also from Corvette Central.
and the main part: Flowmaster "Delta Flow" 50 series mufflers with chrome tips, purchased from a place called Performance Peddlers.

The drawback is there is no longer a Cat on the system. The up side is my 86 coupe sounds SPECTACULAR and interior resonance has been ELIMINATED!!!

I am so happy I could cry.
sm_excited.gif

First I have heard of no resonance with Flows. cool :cool

Don't get caught on the streets w/o the CAT. It's a huge FED fine. :w

First I have heard of no resonance with Flows. cool :cool

Don't get caught on the streets w/o the CAT. It's a huge FED fine. :w
How much is the fine?

If a Canadian goes to the US and gets caught without a cat, is there a fine? I go down to the US all the time for all the good deals.

I mentioned this on another forum, if you don't have cats you'll never pass the state inspection in NJ. They start with a visual check of two items; your exhaust and the check engine light. If there are no cats or the light is on you fail, the inspection stops and you're sent home. Nothing else is checked.

I have a '96 LT4, X-pipe, tru-dual 3" pipes, Magna Flow 3" mufflers, no resonance. X-pipe is the secret! Made by some people in south Florida, doesn’t have the normal small block F-Master sound, really turns heads

I've got 2 1/2" true dual exhaust with an H pipe. Mufflers are V-Force with 2 1/2" inlet and dual 2 1/4" outlets. They is some drone depending on speed and engine RPM, but the sound is great.

I'm confused...

...Front true dual 2 1/4" y pipe from Corvette Central.
Rear y pipe, true dual, also from Corvette Central...

How can it be a Y-pipe and a true dual? True dual sounds to me to be two pipes all the way back. Whereas, a Y-pipe indicates that two pipes merge into one. If you have a front Y-pipe and a rear Y-pipe, then you go from two to one and then back to two. That's not my definition of "true dual".

Am I missing something? :confused

Jim S. :w

How can it be a Y-pipe and a true dual? True dual sounds to me to be two pipes all the way back. Whereas, a Y-pipe indicates that two pipes merge into one. If you have a front Y-pipe and a rear Y-pipe, then you go from two to one and then back to two. That's not my definition of "true dual".

Jim, I agree with you. Maybe I am missing something too. :)

How much is the fine?

If a Canadian goes to the US and gets caught without a cat, is there a fine?
You're probably okay, but CA does a visual. I understood that the EPA fine is $2500.

I'm in agreement with you. As in my post above, I have two 2 1/2" pipes running from the manifolds back to the mufflers. No Y pipes. That IMO is a "true" dual system.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom