Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Underhood detail question

since 1978 all the plastic on any of my cars i've used MOP & GLOW its a floor cleaner and wax.
It has never damaged anything and it drys to a hard finish. all you have to do after that is dust it off.
Good Luck

lt4man,
i am a new member in the chgo area. your car looks great. i just puchased a 96 ce convert. i can use some advice on detailing. there are some fine scratches i want to get out and i need to clean the alum under the hood. i also need to get info for parts and acc.
any help is appreciated
firstvet

Thanks for your compliments.

Your convertible looks very nice! How many miles? I am guessing not too many. But, I could be wrong.

As far as the aluminum under the hood: I use a body shop scuff pad (red/dark brown in color) with Simple Green or Castrol Purple Cleaner or anything similar.

For the fine scratches: any major brand polishing compound would probably do the job. Do not use rubbing compound unless you do not make progress with the polish.

For OEM Corvette parts: Chris May at Superior Chevrolet in Kansas City. 1-800-728-8267

For accessories: Mid America Motorworks in Effingham, IL. They are having their huge Funfest this weekend. Guess where my Vette and I will be?

SAVE THE :w

Thanks for your compliments.

Your convertible looks very nice! How many miles? I am guessing not too many. But, I could be wrong.

25000 miles. still has orig. tires.
your paint looks great what are you using?

Well, one thing is for sure. When you do replace your tires, the new ones will ride and handle MUCH better than the ones you have now. Tire technology is getting better and better by the day.

A clay bar is the secret to my paint. About every two years I clay bar the entire car, including the glass.

Regular washes is the other secret. A detailer friend told me many years ago: If you drive a dirty vehicle, the wind and air causes the dirt to scratch the paint. I never drive a dirty vehicle and the paint has held up really well.

Thanks again for the kind words. I drive my Vette almost every day!

SAVE THE :w

[As far as the aluminum under the hood: I use a body shop scuff pad (red/dark brown in color) with Simple Green or Castrol Purple Cleaner or anything similar.

LT4man.....I'd like to talk to you at Fun Fest about your underhood detailing. I'm just starting underhood and underbody on my new '96 LT4 Coupe and need to see your car. I also need some clay bar pointers. I've never used one.

I'm parking in CAC parking early Sat. morning and will watch for your car.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom