Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Unexpected Enthusiast

T

tlong

A gas pump story:

The red paint was really glowing Zaino bright with the hose hanging out the back in the middle (so cool) having a drink of premium when a landscape worker started walking up, dirty, a bit strange looking. Of course he was going to request spare change.

"That's a nice '96. Is that first paint? I like those D3s on the stock sawblades." He speaks vette!
"Thanks"
" I love C4s, but the new technology would be great in the later ones. I think the C6 looks just like Speed Racer's car, the Mark V"

I didn't have a reply to the most knowledgable gentleman, as I had completely judged the book by its cover. He graciously handed me a business card and asked first dibs if I ever wanted to sell.

Never a dull moment.

Reminds me of an incident at work:
A co-employee, Carl, mentioned he needs time to finish-up his cars.
I said, what cars. He replied,"I have 2 Corvettes '56 & '62 ."
I knew this guy for several years & never knew he was a Corvette enthusiast.

I've tried sharing my enthusiam with other Vette' owners but they just balk at me.:confused

While me and my brother were out driving we seen a red 91 vert and we were over at the BP and he was at the seven eleven, and when he seen both of us he took off and nailed and so we went after him to see what he had done to his car because it sounded mean. Finally we cought up to him and he said all he had done is flowmasters. Now every time I see him he always waves and I have talked to him a couple of times. So I guess I converted him.

Justin

I was driving around the other day, when i saw a guy in a C4 who waved at me.. Im not used to driving a vette yet so i thought nothing of it, But then i realized it was a friendly Vette-Owner wave.. So whoever owns the Green C4 up here in Poughkeepsie, NY.. SORRY! :)

My wife and daughter took our C4 up to mens warehouse to look for a new suit for me while I was at work last week. When they came out of the store there were 2 employees standing and drooling over the car, when my wife and 11 year old daughter proceeded to tell them about the car the store practically emptied of employees so they could all be in on the fanfare,,,my wife and daughter are still smiling over that one.

I see you live in Grayson. That area is really booming, isn't it? Beautiful country roads to cruise. I got some attention at a stop light from a C4 lover. After 2 weeks, $600 I'm back on the road with functional brake lights.

yeah, we've been here almost 7 years and in that time they have built 5 or 6 neighborhoods within a mile of my home....

All the complements I have received on a C4 over the last ten years only enhances the experience of owning it. I have become attached to the car in such a way that if I ever get another ... I have to also keep what I have. How lucky are we to be able to enjoy one of America's finest!

neighbor down the road has a C4. Its always parked outside (they converted the garage into a den) and under an oak tree, but its ALWAYS clean.
(odd thing, I never see anyone washing it either)

Anyhow, drive by there today and the C4 is gone and has been replaced by a new C5...
guess those dealerships are just slashing prices so low that no one can resist!

I must avoid the car lots and classifieds or else I will get bitten by the bug too! hahaha

Rain said:
I must avoid the car lots and classifieds or else I will get bitten by the bug too! hahaha
I know what you mean....I am going to look at a C-5 in the morning...guess I will have to find more garage space:eyerole

I'm sure this possibility will be explored by many C4 owners. The C5s are going to drop more and become more plentiful on the used market, and the temptation to go newer will be hard to resist. We all know the differences. The only drawback is that our C4s are dropping too and you'd get killed on a sale or trade...

I can't have both so I'll enjoy the '96 for all of its atrributes for a good while longer. It stirs up plenty of interest and is approaching 10 years old. Getting classic? The C5 may be in the future. Vert 6 speed Mag Red or EB or maybe silver.

tlong said:
The C5 may be in the future. Vert 6 speed Mag Red or EB or maybe silver.
HAHA boy can I relate -
Why not wait a while, let prices REALLY drop, and get all three!!!!! :)

(we all need a garage bigger than our homes);LOL

When does enthusiasm turn into insanity? 2 or more. It's the 'good' crazy. Wouldn't you like to end up as one of those eccentric old farts with a barn full of vettes? Not a bad ambition, really.

yes, there are worse places to be...
could be like Hugh Heffner and have a stable full of other things..... ;)

Rain said:
yes, there are worse places to be...
could be like Hugh Heffner and have a stable full of other things..... ;)
Yes that would be fun too....I think the vettes might be cheeper than his stable.....The upkeep on his stable would kill ya:D

Im not sure of that.. (the upkeep issue)
they seem to REPLENTISH themselves over time...
wonder if the warranties run out??? HAHAHA! ;LOL

tlong said:
A gas pump story:

The red paint was really glowing Zaino bright with the hose hanging out the back in the middle (so cool) having a drink of premium when a landscape worker started walking up, dirty, a bit strange looking. Of course he was going to request spare change. I had completely judged the book by its cover. He graciously handed me a business card and asked first dibs if I ever wanted to sell.
Yeah, the 'new' jobs just don't pay like the old ones.
OR
I really should dress better when working about the house!

AlcHEmiE said:
I was driving around the other day, when i saw a guy in a C4 who waved at me.. Im not used to driving a vette yet so i thought nothing of it, But then i realized it was a friendly Vette-Owner wave.. So whoever owns the Green C4 up here in Poughkeepsie, NY.. SORRY! :)
This is funny because sometimes I forget I'm not in my vette and I go waving to other vette people..... they always give me such strange looks!

Dawn

tlong said:
When does enthusiasm turn into insanity? 2 or more. It's the 'good' crazy. Wouldn't you like to end up as one of those eccentric old farts with a barn full of vettes? Not a bad ambition, really.
I'm workin' on it myself!!! :D
Dawn

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom