Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Unveiling the C7 - is it just me, or is it being kept "low-key" for a reason?

JJS

Proud to Support the Corvette Action Center!
Corvette
2013 Triple Black GS, Previous cars: 1971 LT-1
Does anyone else have the impression that the unveiling of the new C7 is being kept low-key?

It might be because I live in the Northeast, but I don't think there are too many people that either know or care that GM is about to unveil a new generation Corvette.

In my group at work there are 4 of us with Corvettes (used to be 5) and if I didn't provide these people with updates, I don't know if they'd even be aware of the fact that the C7 will be introduced tomorrow.

On the other hand when Ford announces a redesigned Mustang (my manager has a Shelby) it seems it's all anyone talks about. I just don't get it.

-JS

If you think the C7 intro is being kept "low-key", then you're not paying much attention to content here on the CAC or in the rest of the automotive media.

Right now, in Detroit, on the eve of press days for the NAIAS, C7 is freakin' huge.

Does anyone else have the impression that the unveiling of the new C7 is being kept low-key?

It might be because I live in the Northeast, but I don't think there are too many people that either know or care that GM is about to unveil a new generation Corvette.

In my group at work there are 4 of us with Corvettes (used to be 5) and if I didn't provide these people with updates, I don't know if they'd even be aware of the fact that the C7 will be introduced tomorrow.

On the other hand when Ford announces a redesigned Mustang (my manager has a Shelby) it seems it's all anyone talks about. I just don't get it.

-JS

Then as a true believer, you should educate and convert the ignorant and unwashed! ;LOL

Then as a true believer, you should educate and convert the ignorant and unwashed! ;LOL

That's just it - I've had to supply them with all the info they get - from here of course.

But it's like they have their heads up their @$$e$!

I have to agree with Hib. From what I've heard, Detroit is buzzing louder than a swarm of killer bees.

Obviously, because of my job here at the CAC as well our sister sites: XLR-Net.com , CadillacVNet.com and VetteTube.com, I'm pretty well tied into the media.

For the last couple months, the C7 has been plastered on a ton of newspapers and automotive publications. This past week has been unbelievable. I really haven't seen any difference in publicity between the C6 and the C7 intro.

The only thing that's different this time is that, thanks to General Motors, I'm going to physically be there to see the cover pulled off the real thing and will be able to provide photos and details here on the CAC first hand.

I'll also have the opportunity to participate in interviews with some of the members of Corvette Engineering so I'll be able to get first hand information on the new C7 right from the source.

For me personally, because of my involvement in this unveiling, the buzz and publicity over the C7 is huge.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'll be looking forward to your pictures and observations regarding the C7 this evening Rob.
Also, didn't I read that this was going to be televised (Speed Channel?) by one of the networks?

-JS

I'll be looking forward to your pictures and observations regarding the C7 this evening Rob.
Also, didn't I read that this was going to be televised (Speed Channel?) by one of the networks?

-JS

Not sure. I haven't heard anything about it, but wouldn't be surprised.

I have to agree with Hib. From what I've heard, Detroit is buzzing louder than a swarm of killer bees.

Freakin' Rob is probably wearing ear protection because of the loud buzz.
;LOL

Scuttlebutt amongst industry PR wonks is that the C7 unveiling is overshadowing most of the other new product intros at the NAIAS (aka Detroit Auto Show). The Detroit show draws press from all over the world...thousands of media types...as much as twice the amount of press the LA Auto Show gets.

Trust me, C7's debut is hardly low-key. GM revealing the car's new engine several months in advance generated a ton of interest overseas. 450-hp, 6.2L in a package that weighs 40-lbs less and is smaller than BMW's 400-hp, 4.4L DOHC V8 got people's attention. Folks are really curious. If that's what GM can do with its engine, in spite of more stringent fuel economy and emissions regs, they're wondering about the car itself.

Rumor has it that the reveal will be streamed live 1900-1930 EST

Corvette Reveal - SD Feed
Sunday, January 13, 2013
19:00 - 19:30 ET
Galaxy 3C
Transponder 19
Slot C9
KU Band Digital 9 mHz
Downlink: 12089.00 H
Uplink: 14389.00 V
FEC: 3/4
SYM: 6.1113
Corvette Reveal - HD Feed
Sunday, January 13, 2013
19:00 - 19:30 ET
Galaxy 3C
Transponder 19
Slot AB
KU Band Digital 18 mHz
Downlink: 12075.50 H
Uplink: 14375.50 V
FEC: 3/4
SYM: 13.235

Maybe that's what Speed is going to show?

Last edited:
Not sure where I read or heard someone was going to air it - I was just guessing, and probably hoping it might be the Speed channel so that I can watch it.

Not sure where I read or heard someone was going to air it - I was just guessing, and probably hoping it might be the Speed channel so that I can watch it.
Speed is showing Speed Center on their schedule for that 7:00-7:30 time period. That could be it.

Tom....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom