Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vanity plates

just finished ordering QWK C5 from the DMV in NY

In the UK it's a bit different

Our number plates incorporate a year letter unless it's a real old (pre 1963 or so) plate which can be assigned to a newer car.

Strangely you cannot transfer a plate to a car to make it appear newer, i.e. a plate that starts with a "T" is for 1998/1999 but cannot be transferrred to a pre-1998 car.

All very confusing like everything in this godforsaken "tax on everything" country. The only good thing is that plates aren't renewable yearly. (though we do have an additional "road tax" which runs about $250 per year plus gas at about $6 per gallon!!!!!)

My car being a 90, the year letter is "H" so I can use that letter or earlier (like a "G" or whatever). My original registration was H103 MPD, just changed to:

H4 CTT (for Callaway Twin Turbo, don't suppose anyone will get it here! might add "Callaway Twin Turbo" at the bottom of the plate but it's gotta look tasteful).

http://www.mm-2000.co.uk/corvette/callaway/cal_index.htm

Better picture

Added "Callaway Twin Turbo" to the plate in photoshop to see what it would look like.

http://www.mm-2000.co.uk/corvette/callaway/callaway_jpgs/h4ctt_front1large.jpg

Eagle eyed viewers will notice I just changed those cr*p euro mirrors to the US style + added the plastic aerofoil things found on convertibles. Car looks the part now (as well as being more streamlined for those top speed runs!)

VanityBob said:
89x2
What state? what car?
N10S BYD
B2K Z5G
U41C B2K
V Bob
Bob, Just tossing more ideas around... Still undecided on my own however, my wife insists I change it from its current plain tag on the Supernatural Callaway :v

It took me a while, but I placed the order today. "C4 B4 U" I should see them in about 90 days???:D

My other choices were; CFOURCE
C FORCE
C4ORCE
MY T YT
MYTYTC4
MY T C4

:v On the lighter side...WASH ME
HOMLESS
FAH Q2 :Silly

Vanity PLates

Since, the vettes are made in Bowling Green Kentucky, I got
BREDNKY
for my plate....

mrdynamic said:
Mine is 2TRBOVET

That is a great pl8 :m

Virginia passed a rule allowing 8 places in 2000 however, nobody at the DMV knows when it will be implemented :(

My wife almost braved the DMV lines the other day for the new SNAT tag, something came up and we ran out of time - maybe soon :confused

Nice Plate............ What color is your new edition?

I found your pics nice car good luck with it..............

mrdynamic said:
Nice Plate............ What color is your new edition?
Red,BTW,all my Callaways are in the red family.I guess I must like red.Take care & see you at Bald Hill at the end of the month??

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom