Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Vats key

W

wes

Does anyone know how to measure the omhs on a vats key pellet?
Thanks WES;help

here is a paragraph from the link i provided. i understood it. how was it the wrong generation VATS info as stated in your email to me?

" How to determine the Value of your key:

By chance you may know what VATS key you now have. Most people do not. There are basically two ways to determine what VATS key you have. Remember, there are 15 differrent possibilities. First, your key can be "read" in a VATS tester. Most locksmiths have these readers, and don’t change anything to tell you. There is another way for you to read the key value yourself. If you have a Volt Meter you can test the OHMS (resistance value) of the chip yourself. Just set your Volt meter to check OHMS, take each lead and place it on each side of the "chip" on your key. A number will appear. Take that number on your volt meter and apply it to the OHMS chart below. Keep in mind that it may not be exact. Just pick the closest value to your reading. "

You didn't answer his question.

Here you go Wes.

here is a paragraph from the link i provided. i understood it. how was it the wrong generation VATS info as stated in your email to me?

By chance you may know what VATS key you now have. Most people do not. There are basically two ways to determine what VATS key you have. Remember, there are 15 differrent possibilities. First, your key can be "read" in a VATS tester. Most locksmiths have these readers, and don’t change anything to tell you. There is another way for you to read the key value yourself. If you have a Volt Meter you can test the OHMS (resistance value) of the chip yourself. Just set your Volt meter to check OHMS, take each lead and place it on each side of the "chip" on your key. A number will appear. Take that number on your volt meter and apply it to the OHMS chart below. Keep in mind that it may not be exact. Just pick the closest value to your reading. "

Nope, you got no email from me. I like to post in open forums so that we can all benefit from the info.

vats key

Thank You this was very helpfull

Junk man I love your imformation & How to doe's I love the one the running lights. keep up the great work

Junk man I love your imformation & How to doe's I love the one the running lights. keep up the great work

You're welcome George! Anything for the Corvette Brotherhood. :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom