Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Vehicle Identification Number Inquiry

2010corvette

Corvette
2006 Hatchback Coupe Victory Red
Hi,
Some web sites offer free VIN lookup but VIN must be seventeen characters.
How can you lookup thirteen characters such as 194677S100560?

:thanks:

I'm not sure what they are promising to look up but there isn't much information contained in the vin number for these years.

1= Chevrolet
9= Corvette
4=V8 engine
67= Convertible
7= 1967
S= St. Louis
100560= build sequence of the car. This was the 560th 1967 Corvette

Other data is found on the trim plate. Being a 1967 there is also a possibility of the tank sticker still being in place or at least parts of it.

Tom

I'm not sure what they are promising to look up but there isn't much information contained in the vin number for these years.

1= Chevrolet
9= Corvette
4=V8 engine
67= Convertible
7= 1967
S= St. Louis
100560= build sequence of the car. This was the 560th 1967 Corvette

Other data is found on the trim plate. Being a 1967 there is also a possibility of the tank sticker still being in place or at least parts of it.

Tom

Hi,
Thank You for the reply. I was trying to locate VIN 194677S100560. I'm the original owner. The Corvette is lost.
My first Corvette was 1960 Corvette Hondrus Maroon. Black interior, black top and black wall tires. Corvette had 283CI 270HP with 4-speed and 370 posi.
I thought this color combination was beautiful. I'm on my sixth Corvette and hope to have number seven in about six months.

Good luck. I think you may run into privacy act problems. States just don't hand out that sort of information anymore. Have you tried to do a title search forward from the state where you had the car titled when it was yours?

That 1960 sound like the perfect combo to me. :)

Tom

Good luck. I think you may run into privacy act problems. States just don't hand out that sort of information anymore. Have you tried to do a title search forward from the state where you had the car titled when it was yours?

That 1960 sound like the perfect combo to me. :)

Tom

Thank You for the reply.
I'll try another search in Massachusetts for 1967 VIN 194677S100560.
The 1960 and 1967 were special Corvette's to me. I had to fight with the dealer back in July 1966 on factory RPON11 (Off road service assembly exhaust)
Dealer stated we can't give inspection sticker with that option. Later found dealer confused with RPON14 (Dual side exhaust)
1967 Corvette built first week of 1967 Corvette production early September 1966.
My Corvette was St Louis Corvette from start to finish.
AO Smith (Ionia Michigan) was contracted by Chevrolet to build 50% of Corvette bodies from 1964 to 1967. AO Smith bodies were shipped to St Louis on specially built railroad tri-level train cars.
My 1967 was L36BB with M21, N11, and G81. I did mess up on the axle ratio (3.36.1) Ratio should have been 3:70.1. 4:11.1 was not available with L36.
There will be one more C7 Corvette in m life, but I'll need to sell three cars to buy Red on Red Z51 Convertible.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom