Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vendor Warning: Corvetteworx

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
I don't normally smash vendors unless of course it is the 5 speed supplier Keisler. And I do give credit where credit is derserved, DeWitts, I wish you made other things, I would buy them all!

However, Corvetteworx is one I must share my poor experioence with everyone here. I gave them a chance to do it right, without involving everyone on the Forum, but they have left me no choice. I placed my order with them on 10/19/06.

As some of you know, I ordered a number of parts for my '60 Corvette from them. I gave them my charge card and understood at the time that the lead time was around 4 weeks or so. No problem on the lead time, I had time given where the body shop was with my car.

However, what I didn't know was that that they would charge my credit card RIGHT AWAY and that my statement would arrive BEFORE the parts were even shipped. In fact the way this was going, I would have two billing cycles on my card before I ever got the parts. NO ONE EXPLAINED to me at the time of the charge that they would charge it right away. Had they done that, I would have a choice to proceed or stop. I never got that chance, they just charged it.

I sent them an email asking if we could handle this via emails and get my account credited and charge it again when the product shipped.

Here is what I got back from them....
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
10/26/06
Herb,

I am sorry but i am no willing to refund your money, and then recharge it after the parts have shipped. I used to do that and then the customer would cancel the credit card, or block my transaction when i went to charge the card. I have been ripped off by to many people in the past. I have 5 people that got there parts shipped and then didn't pay me. One of them, [personal information removed by forums administrator] from the forum owes us over $1000.00 because of this. They have there parts, and i have no way to collect from the thieves. You are the first person to ever make an issue out of this. It is regular practice for us to charge the customer when the order is placed. You authorized the charge when you gave us the card. I have done everything by the book, and am very surprised we are having this conversation. In any case, I will refund your card and you can place the order elsewhere. I am sorry this didn't work out.

Regards,

Scott

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Here is the email I sent back to Scott....
10/26/06
When I placed the order, I was not told that my credit card would be billed right away.

Once it has shipped, then I will be glad to pay. There is no dispute there. Your timing is what is being disputed.

The credit card company is sending me a dispute form. That takes 7 days to get here. Then there is another 30 days before they get resolution. By that time the parts should be here and I will no longer be in dispute, I will pay the bill.

I did not want to put a posting up on the forum because I thought we could work this out between us. I know that forum members do not like it when vendors charge the cards (in this case 3 weeks) before shipment (and that was estimated, not confirmed).

let me know what you want to do. either keep the order in place and I will pay upon shipment, or let me know that you want to cancel and I will place the order with someone else that will not bill my credit card until the parts ship.

Herb

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and then these emails...
10/26/06
Herb,

I am sorry but i am no willing to refund your money, and then recharge it after the parts have shipped. I used to do that and then the customer would cancel the credit card, or block my transaction when i went to charge the card. I have been ripped off by to many people in the past. I have 5 people that got there parts shipped and then didn't pay me. One of them, [personal information removed by forums administrator] from the forum owes us over $1000.00 because of this. They have there parts, and i have no way to collect from the thieves. You are the first person to ever make an issue out of this. It is regular practice for us to charge the customer when the order is placed. You authorized the charge when you gave us the card. I have done everything by the book, and am very surprised we are having this conversation. In any case, I will refund your card and you can place the order elsewhere. I am sorry this didn't work out.

Regards,

Scott
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
10/27/06
no problem, I will place the order elsewhere.

Herb

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
11/2/06
Scott, it has been over a week since we exchanged this email. I checked my account and no credit has come through. Please confirm that you have issued credit to my account.

regards, Herb
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now here it is 11/5/06 and still no credit in my account. I even called the credit card company to confirm!!! I just wanted them to follow through on what they said they would do, credit my account. They haven't done it, nor have I gotten a reply to my last email. I am sorry it didn't work out, but the lack of response leaves me no alternative.

I am sure there are others that have a had a good relationship with them, it is just unfortunate that I didn't. I am now forced to spend more of my time, which I don't have, to file the paper work with Chase (my credit card company) documenting the emails I was sent by Scott showing that credit should be coming through.

I did place the order with Paragon, yes I paid more for it. But they also told me that they would be charging my account up front. I have since placed other orders with Paragon for another $5k worth of parts.

I just don't like to be manipulated nor lied to.....I am sorry if this steps on some toes, but I am not happy. JUST CREDIT MY ACCOUNT AND QUIT WASTING MY TIME!

regards, Herb

I too disagree with the charging of the credit card until an item is shipped especially if I have to pay the credit card billing before receipt of the item. There is another major supplier that does this and I don't buy from them anymore, not that it probably matters much to them.

Corvetteworx, ELIMINATE THEM!!! GO DIRECT!!

I too disagree with the charging of the credit card until an item is shipped especially if I have to pay the credit card billing before receipt of the item. There is another major supplier that does this and I don't buy from them anymore, not that it probably matters much to them.
All they do is take your money, put it in the bank, collect interest. Then at a slow pace, place your order. YOU DO NOT NEED THEM!!!, Have your body shop set up an account with Semersheim's or Corvette Image and order direct. You wil save money and get better service,

lessons

Well a good lesson for future purchases...ask up front when the card will be charged...I understand his point of view and yours...the delay of them crediting your card back is what gets me upset...

Well a good lesson for future purchases...ask up front when the card will be charged...I understand his point of view and yours...the delay of them crediting your card back is what gets me upset...
two things...

1. yup agree, lesson learned for sure.

2. yup irritates me too, cause now I have to fill the necessary paperwork with the credit card company to dispute the charge.

I gave him plenty of chances to make it right and keep it off the forum boards, but that didnt happen. He could have just credited me and I would have gne away with lesson learned.

I have sold stuff on EBay and have over 800 transactions without any negative responses. Got one neutral from a guy and offered prior to his rating to refund his money 100% and he said nah, not worth the hassle. His choice....but I can tell you, once you get a customer, you take care of them and they will take care of you.

Obviously they don't understand the concept of customer satisfaction.

sdixon AKA Corvetteworx is a middleman......he does not have much of anything in stock. you place an order from him then he orders the parts to be drop shipped (hopefully) at your door....
...redvetracr

I dont know what you ordered, but very few of the Vendors are original manufacturers. They will not expose themselves to this with fancy catalogues and such. What nearly all are, are re-packagers. Some are larger than others and the smaller ones trying to do their best and more personable for the most part are probably on COD also. In other words, pay for your ordered item and freight up front and work on a very small margine and even at a loss if something goes wrong. Which could be anything. I dont know the gentleman, but under his circumstances I would believe he is doing his absolute best as the larger Vendors he could be working with may also be re-packagers. The more hands the slower the process.

I dont know what you ordered, but very few of the Vendors are original manufacturers. They will not expose themselves to this with fancy catalogues and such. What nearly all are, are re-packagers. Some are larger than others and the smaller ones trying to do their best and more personable for the most part are probably on COD also. In other words, pay for your ordered item and freight up front and work on a very small margine and even at a loss if something goes wrong. Which could be anything. I dont know the gentleman, but under his circumstances I would believe he is doing his absolute best as the larger Vendors he could be working with may also be re-packagers. The more hands the slower the process.
I agree with everything you said...can anyone explain WHY they still have not credited my account yet?

He is probably waiting for his credit from who(m) he ordered it from, since he spent your money. Sometimes it is best to spend a little extra on something to get a better product and service. I am in retail sales and try to show this to my customers. Service will usually sell the item at a higher price to most people, but there is always the one that wants a lower price.

He is probably waiting for his credit from who(m) he ordered it from, since he spent your money. Sometimes it is best to spend a little extra on something to get a better product and service. I am in retail sales and try to show this to my customers. Service will usually sell the item at a higher price to most people, but there is always the one that wants a lower price.
my guess too...he advertises over at CF so I know he reads the postings over there...I posted the same link over there....and there were some people that were not happy with them either.....I just figured they were ok since they are a supporting vendor....live and learn on that one...

Is corvette worx MIA? Why no response??

Corvette worx, or scott, watches this board. Why does he not respond, with his side of the story or does he have no defense?

Corvette worx, or scott, watches this board. Why does he not respond, with his side of the story or does he have no defense?
you are asking the same question I have been wondering....exactly the same. Best I can guess is because there is nothing to say that hasn't been said in the emails that were posted above. He can't justify not crediting my account in a timely manner. He did cancel my order with him and his supplier right away, but didn't credit my account with my credit card company.

I sent him an email last week asking why he hadn't BEFORE I started posting on the forums. I didn't get any answers.

Like I said before, I am sure there are customers out there that are very satisfied with his level of service. I am not one of those. I hope he reads this and can explain to everyone why he didn't reply to me, why he didn't credit my credit card right away when he said he would. Maybe he has some really good reasons, sure would be nice to read them.

JUst to be fair, here is a post that Scott put up over at CF

WOW!! Just returned from vacation to find yet another BS post. You gave me your permission to charge your card when you gave me the number. If you didn't want your card charged up front maybe you should have told me that up front. I gave you wholesale price on the parts, told you it would be about 2 weeks for delivery. I paid my supplier for the parts when i charged you. That way when your parts were done and ready i didn't have to chase you for money, and then send it to my supplier. Funny how a huge vendor like Paragon does the same thing as me. There is a good reason for it.

If i had refunded your money, and then recharged it again when the parts were ready i would have lost most of my profit in credit card processing and interest fee's. Sorry but that isn't worth it to me.

I run corvetteworx as a side business. I sell parts at wholesale, and even below on fiberglass parts. It is not a huge cash cow for me. I make a small profit which basically pays for my wife's horses, and allows me to get a discount on corvette parts for myself.

There is no Drama here. This is just my policy. if you don't like it shop elsewhere and pay alot more. Plain and simple. This firstgear guy should have asked the right questions before he placed his order. I was straight forward with him and don't regret any bit of the way this was handled.

His money was refunded. No, i was not in much of a rush to do it after the headache he caused us by cancelling his order. I did in fact make him wait for me to be refunded by my supplier. I was not about to pull the $2000.00 out of my pocket because he decided cancel the order for no reason.

This is all i have to say regarding this matter. If you don't like paying up front for your fiberglass parts find another vendor. I am not going to change my policy. It is in place to protect me, and has never been a problem until this guy.

Scott

and here is my reply....

about time you surfaced....all you had to do was answer my email I sent you and nothing would have been posted. you really do run it as a part time business. I have had part time businesses before that I have run on the internet and ALWAYS found a way to check the site and emails and keep my customers informed even when I went to China or Europe for business or vacation. If you had OUTLOOK as your email, you would have been able to put up a notice automatically sent from your email that you were away on vacation and notifying people when you would return, again simple tools that businesses use.

All you had to do was check your emails and have the courtesy to respond what you were doing. I don't think I was asking to much, just some common courtesy that you never gave me, but I surely gave you plenty of opporunity to resolve.

I checked my credit card again today, nothing credited still.

Yesterday I put in the mail to the credit card company documentation to get the credit in place. I too will be glad when this is done.

just for the record, I do tell both sides of the story.....and by the way, how many of you when ordering items have had to ask when your credit card would be charged? I ordered items from Summit, the ones that were on back order or not shipped WERE NOT CHARGED to my credit card until they shipped. All vendors I deal with do it that way, UNLESS they tell me upfront. He never did.

Service will usually sell the item at a higher price to most people, but there is always the one that wants a lower price.
Truer words were never spoken...

To the OP.. I hope the situation gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Truer words were never spoken...

To the OP.. I hope the situation gets resolved to your satisfaction.
you are right, service does indeed command a higher price, and I for one usually pay for service because there always comes a level of satisfaction with it. I am guilty of trying to get price and service together and realized that once I got in to this transaction. Lessons learned for sure.

I guess I made the mistake that thinking that vendors that are supporting vendors on sites all act the same since they have more exposure to the entire community. Unfortunately for all the vendors, I measure them against DeWitts and Summit. Both excellent vendors that I have dealt with. I have had a good experience with Classic Chevy 5 Speed when I bought my Tremec TKO600 from them, I had a fantastic experience with DeWitts. Summit I can't say enough good things about buying stuff from them. Paragon was referred on here to me by some of the gang and that has been an equally rewarding experience. I did not have one with Corvetteworx. Live and learn.

I sent my paper work into the credit card comapny to make sure that credit is applied to my account as Corvetteworx and Scott did not seem to want to make it a priority to do that.

Paragon will have my parts to me next week in a complete order.

firstgear- you are absolutely correct. He should have told you he would charge your card up front, or put it on an order form or preorder email or something like that.

The guy's reply was also very unprofessional: "I was on vacation", "I have such low prices that I don't even make any money", "You gave me the card number so it is your fault anyway", "I'm in no rush to hand out refunds to people that don't accept my policy".

Now you have to deal with a credit card company. Good luck.

Hmmmm...in business to pay for the wife's horses

admirable business plan....Ah NOW i get it...another way to say getting screwed -> stud fees

You're welcome ;help

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom