Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ventilation Probs. and Door panel removal

V

Vigor325

I have read some of the messages about different ventalation problems in C5's. The problem with my '99 is the ventation deflection is not working (does not change from floor to defrost or to front vents). It is constantly on defrost and floor.

From what I have read this could be related to the vacuum line that runs under the battery. I pulled the battery and the vacuum line look fine (no hiss or damage).

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Also, I have the stupid rattle in the passenger door panel when cranking the stereo. I got pretty good at removing C4 door panels but the C5 seems to be more difficult.

Does anyone have a good technique besides pulling like hell to remove the door panel?

Hi there,
First things first, the mode change must be something with the vacuum system, based on pattern issues that have been seen with c5.
Take a real good look, and also, check the rear of the intake manifold that the small vacuum hose is connnected that goes to your tank, under the battery.
As for the panel, after you remove the 2 T30 screws, then use a large bladed putty knife, at the bottom of the door to remove the panel. It will pop with some good force, so just know that.
Besttoyou, c4c5:hb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom