Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Very Hard steering while parking

combustables

Corvette
1986 Bright red convertible / 2007 Yellow Z06
Hi all,

My 07 Z06 has developed a significantly difficult turning problem when standing still. I have to rev it up to over 1500 rpms just to be able to turn the steering wheel when parking.

It's ok when I'm driving but a pain in the keester when parking. It only has 5644 miles on it since april 07. It was a museum delivery and I'm the only one that ever drove it. It used to be much easier to turn the wheel while parking.

Other than checking power steering fluid, what should I check for in order to bring it back to useful operation ESPECIALLY while parking.

I must look like a dork revving it up while parking :) (Please don't add to that as tempting as it may be ...)

Thanks
Lee

If I remember correctly, there was a recall for collapsed/kinked return hoses on your P/S system. I thought it was sorted during the 2005MY however.

Try checking the CAC's Knowledgebase for known recalls and/or Technical Service Bulletins for your 2007. You may find an answer there.

Thanks fellas,

I'll check the steering pump hoses visually for kinks and if not, I'll just break down and visit a dealer (cringe).

Lee

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom