Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Very Noisy Vette

edvette

Corvette
2006 C6 Black Coupe & 78 25th Aniversary,& 89 C4 .
Can anyone tell me what the alarm type siren is housed on drivers side in trunk area is for. This has started to activate recently for no apparent reason. It can only be silenced by starting and running the engine for a couple of minuets. My local dealers have no idea as originally I thought it was a low battery alarm, but apparently I am told there is no low battery alarm fitted to a Vette.
I bought the car from Germany [New, hadn't turned a wheel] its late 2005, and no one has touched the car whatsoever, there is nothing in the Manual to identify this alarm, so any clues please.:Frustrated Edvette

Can anyone tell me what the alarm type siren is housed on drivers side in trunk area is for. This has started to activate recently for no apparent reason. It can only be silenced by starting and running the engine for a couple of minuets. My local dealers have no idea as originally I thought it was a low battery alarm, but apparently I am told there is no low battery alarm fitted to a Vette.
I bought the car from Germany [New, hadn't turned a wheel] its late 2005, and no one has touched the car whatsoever, there is nothing in the Manual to identify this alarm, so any clues please.:Frustrated Edvette

Mine does NOT have that alarm either. If you bought new and didn't put it there, then maybe it's a export perhaps???? But I think the exports are same as domestics. I would disconnect it. If something happens you'll know and can put it back and contact GM, but don't think anything will go haywire....let us know....

Noisy Vette

To Disconnect was my Task last weekend, however it seems to be buried in the passenger trunk side somewhere, I could not find the siren on the initial strip down, which is why I posted the problem to the US side, I was hoping someone would say [dumb ass its the ****** alarm just turn it off !] know one seems to have any idea, apart from that, what would be the logical reason for a deafening alarm inside the vehicle and not linked to the main alarm system ?.And just to prove a point about low battery alarm I turned every thing on I could {engine off} waiting for the battery to drain,and,,,,,,nothing, not a bleep.
So I remain patient and waiting for someone to give me a clue, PS the alarm has its own battery back up ! if you disconnect the main battery it continues to wail !!!

Welcome to more fine work by Mr. Alarm installer guy. We have removed at least 10 of these things. Some one is just going to have to go through the car and remove all the switches, black box and wiring then properly repair all the spliced wires as Mr. Installer guy uses crimp-on connectors and Scotch Locks.

Never saw an OEM siren.

Noisy Vette-

Yep, the car is an export to Europe, but I bought it brand new, I have had no-one install anything at all, and why would you want anything added to the standard security system. There is no evidence of another installation !

OK< THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING.

If you look at your label in your glovebox, you should have UA2, which is an intrusion alarm system only on EUROPEAN EXPORT Corvette.

Yes, thats a factory alarm.

#12 is your siren. This is all OEM. #1 is your sensor for someone being in the vehicle and #15 is your defeat switch which is in your glovebox.

That would tell me that you either have an issue with your sensor located in your headliner between the 2 sunvisors or the defeat switch in your glove box.

Oh yea, when you push the switch in your glove box, does it turn off ?????

Allthebest, c4c5

Noisy Vette

Thanks, I will check this out as soon as I can, I will let you know how I get on.
I might have to wait some time for the Siren to be triggered to test the switch in the glove box. If this is right what you say why do our dealers know nothing about this additional siren and there is nothing in the manual about it, but hey its a start, Ill get back to you.
Edvette

HI there,

I dont know about why they dont know.

That picture was taken directly from GM service information. All the information to diagnose the system and repair it is in there.

Allthebest, c4c5

HI there,

I dont know about why they dont know.

That picture was taken directly from GM service information. All the information to diagnose the system and repair it is in there.

Allthebest, c4c5

You can trust this guy knows what he's talking about when it comes to Vettes. :thumb Please follow his advice, I do not believe you will go wrong. I was thinking it was either a 'export' issue -OR- the dealer had installed something and the 'left' hand didn't know what the 'right' hand was doing....best luck...

Headlight Washers

Yep, they sure do, they blast the headlights every 7th time you use the wipers/ wash, and when you have just detailed the car and just want to wash the screen, yes you guessed, the whole car gets sprayed with screen wash, 3 times, I wish I could choose when to use that little gismo !

Yep, they sure do, they blast the headlights every 7th time you use the wipers/ wash, and when you have just detailed the car and just want to wash the screen, yes you guessed, the whole car gets sprayed with screen wash, 3 times, I wish I could choose when to use that little gismo !

May I suggest contacting this guy named 'Harlan Charles'. He is the Marketing Director for Corvette. Anything that customers want or suggest being 'tweaked' he will listen too. Look at GM website or maybe someone on this site can either give you his email address or forward email to him. I met him last year and he is very interested in hearing from Vette customers. Let him know that particular option needs to be tweaked....did you get your alram problem corrected?

Noisy Vette

The main problem has been solved thanks,at least we know its a factory fit, however what triggers it is still not known, so now its just down to a process of elimination, ie sensor or switch. The learning curve continues.
Edvette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom