Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vette Mag's Aug-07 Editor's Commentary

vee93

Corvette
1993 Medium Quasar Blue Metallic Coupe
While flipping through the various Vette related magazines at Books-A-Million the other day, I ended up buying the August '07 issue mainly because I wanted to read at my leisure the article pertaining to the cover shot--the Vette, except for the chrome wheels and black interior, looks just like mine.

The On The Cover comments read like this:
"Fourth-Gen Corvettes have been declasse since President Bush ran for reelection; the first President Bush. Fortunately for us C4 geeks, all it takes is a dash of imagination and a pinch of performance savvy to transform one of these languid leftovers into high-speed haute cuisine."

Excuse me--that's the buildup to the so-so C4 article? WTF!?!! A Corvette person wrote that?! Declasse? Languid leftovers?
:finger :finger:finger
And no wonder that cover Vette looks a lot like mine..., the owner bought '93 body panels and put them on his '90 Vette.

The C4's don't get respect from anybody.

THAT SON OF A B*TCH! :mad :mad :mad
That’s from the editor?!!!

I’m definitely contacting them.

I used to subscribe to it, I didn’t renew because I thought it was subpar compared to Corvette Magazine. Now, I feel even better about my decision to not renew.

B17Crew

THAT SON OF A B*TCH! :mad :mad :mad
That’s from the editor?!!!

I’m definitely contacting them.

I used to subscribe to it, I didn’t renew because I thought it was subpar compared to Corvette Magazine. Now, I feel even better about my decision to not renew.

B17Crew

I second that emotion!!!
Good luck contacting them. I tried navigating their vetteweb.com site to contact them myself. The site's a bit of a mess and I got tired of searching around for the appropriate email box. So I vented a bit here about it at the CAC.

I just found that little teaser to the article to be a crappy thing to say coming from a so-called member of the Vette Nation.
The associate editor Christopher Phillip wrote the article, so I'm making the assumption he wrote the teaser also.

I second that emotion!!!

It’s rare that I get upset, I’m very easygoing. But the delivery of the editors comments I found to be unprofessional and... something to get upset about. His entire thought is subjective, his spin on the C4 is negative. Where is his common sense?

He writes an opinion like that in a Corvette enthusiast magazine for Corvette enthusiasts? People with little common sense drive me nuts.

Christopher Phillip’s had to have bounced three times when he fell from the stupid tree.

B17Crew
:w

I got sucked in to buying that mag. @ last years mid-america vett. thing. They said they just wanted to "register" my 35th anniv. corvette. After I said OK, I found out registration cost was $30, including a one year's subscription to VETT! Wow! After 12 issues and not a single reference to any C4 (except the recent one you mentioned) I decided not to renew. It might be a great mag. if you have any Corvette...except a C4.

The C4's don't get respect from anybody.

I had a "ricer" learn to respect me last night. After I got a block ahead of him, I slowed down and asked him if I should take it out of 2nd gear:chuckle I like CE magazine, lots of C4 respect there and great articles.

When I first saw this thread I didn't pay it too much attention, but over this week end I had some time to kill and decided to do a little survey. From time to time someone will post on this or another forum something like "I'm a new owner of a Corvette and was wondering what are some good magazines?" Most of the replies usually sya these forums are better than any magazine (and I tned to agree). But there are times when the forums are not available. (how many of you bring a laptop into the bathroom?:D).

So, as I said I decided to do a little survey. I happen to have access to the 4 major Corvette mags: Corvette Magazine (CM), Corvette Enthusiast (CE), Corvette Fever (CF) and Vette (V). I took the last 12 issues of each one and categorized the articles. I ignored general articles such as those about tires, cam selection, painting, etc. and instead concentrated on generation specific how-to articles (tech), articles highlighting specific cars (spec), and articles about racing.

Here are the results (number of article over the past 12 issues):

C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6

CM
tech 2 2 1 4 4 3
spec 7 9 6 7 3 12
racing = 19 total

CE
tech 8 12 19 8 5 1
spec 14 12 12 8 9 8
racing = 4

CF
tech 3 8 27 10 6 1
spec 12 10 10 10 4 3
racing = 12

V
tech 1 1 0 6 11 15
spec 5 8 10 3 12 10
racing = 22

As I've said this survey is decidedly unscientific but it gives some idea of what eash mag covers and where their interests are.

I should also mention that CM does a number of articles each month on the history of Corvettes and CF has monthly columns devoted to each generation (Resto Clinic - C1 & C2; Shark Bites, Wear & Tear - C4 and C5 solutions)

jrzvette, great information to have. :upthumbs

Update: I received an automated response that my note to the editor would be forwarded accordingly... as I mentioned previously, I’m glad I let my subscription run out.

B17Crew
:w

editor's page

Related:

I receive two magazines, Covette Magazine and Corvette Enthusiast. I read them from cover to cover each month. But the thing I always read last is the editor's page. They are ALWAYS a complete waste of paper and ink. I never have found anything worthwhile in either of their editor's comments pages. Is it just me?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Jim S. :w

I guess it was just me, after all.

Jim S.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom