Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! vette newbie

• Thread starter Thread starter johnyt
  • Start date Start date
J

johnyt

Hy Guys

Just purchased a 1984 c4 to add to my little car collection.

Wonderd if you lot could give me some tips on the following

1. Best polish for the GRP body
  2. Recommended engine oil
  3. Recomended stores that can mail me parts in the uk
  4. Recomended upgrades
cheers

:welcome Johny, congrats on your new ride.

There are many threads with many different answers to questions 1, 2 & 4. Personally I use a lot of Zaino and Meguiars products. For the recommended oil, check your owners manual. I think GM recommends Mobil 1 for the L83. If I'm wrong, someone will be along shortly to correct me.:ohnoes

For vendors, check out our store. You might also want to check out the vendors listed on the left of the page. As for your last question, upgrades on the L83, the Crossfire injection is a unique beast. I don't know what is available for upgrades.

Be sure to post some pics of your new ride when you get a chance.

Jason

Will do as soon as I bring her home

I'll add my welcome to the :CAC as well!! Congrats on your purchase and we'll look forward to photos soon.

:wJane Ann

Welcome!
  1. Best polish for the GRP body - Use whatever you like. You don't need anything special. I use Zymol.
  2. Recommended engine oil. - Check your owner's manual... You won't go wrong. I use Mobil 1.
  3. Recomended stores that can mail me parts in the uk - I have no experience there sending parts out of the country. There's lots of vendors on the site. I would contact them directly or possibly someone else will have experience here.
  4. Recomended upgrades - It depends on what your goals are. I'd research, develop a plan and then ask for advice. I'm a purist at heart. I like my Vette just like it was delivered.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom