Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vibration

whipperdecon

Corvette
1977 Bright Red Coupe
I have a 1977 Vette that was purchased this past March. I have been feeling a vibration when between 30 and 40 miles per Hr. I have just replaced all tires , and this did not fix my problem. You can feel the vibration through out the car and in particular , in the steering wheel . I sure would appreciate any help you might have with this matter.
Pete pete@joyessence.on.ca

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center......have you checked all of the U-Joints and Front wheel bearings?

Pete,

Hopefully this thread will get the attention of a moderator and get moved to the C3 section where it will get the right attention. Your vibration is very likely a U-joint or wheel bearing as Daryllawman has suggested. I chased a vibration on my 81 for a long time and turned out to be a loose(worn out) front wheel bearing.

Welcome to CAC!!!!:CAC
good luck finding your problem and enjoy the forums!!!!!!!!!

welcome to the cac:w :w :w :w :w :w Billy

Wecome to the CAC, you will find lots of help here.:w :w :w

I have a 1977 Vette that was purchased this past March. I have been feeling a vibration when between 30 and 40 miles per Hr. I have just replaced all tires , and this did not fix my problem. You can feel the vibration through out the car and in particular , in the steering wheel . I sure would appreciate any help you might have with this matter.
Pete pete@joyessence.on.ca
Thanks very much Guys , looks like I have some work to do .

It's doing quite well thank you.The suggestions have been a big help .Once again ,thanks to all that have replyed.
Pete

That Vibration

Welcome to CAC!
I found the Fan Clutch bearing was well on it's way out. Replacing this has helped, however I do still feel a slight harshnes but not having driven a Vette before I may be over reacting. Pete

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom