Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Viewing Picture

ken mohr

When I roll over a picture and it starts to expand I get the dark background and then nothing. Background will not clear unless I leave the thread. How can I correct this.

Thanks
Ken

Ken,
Is this happening for you in all threads where pics have been uploaded to a post? Or is there one specific thread where you've noticed this? If the latter, it may help if can post a link to that thread.

Ken,
Is this happening for you in all threads where pics have been uploaded to a post? Or is there one specific thread where you've noticed this? If the latter, it may help if can post a link to that thread.

Hi Patrick

It happens on all pictures. I did change security software but I'm don't know that that caused it.

I'm far from an expert on this, Ken, but it sounds to me as if your new security software is blocking the images from loading.

What happens if you click on the thumbnails as opposed to just placing your cursor over them?

Jane Ann

I'm far from an expert on this, Ken, but it sounds to me as if your new security software is blocking the images from loading.

What happens if you click on the thumbnails as opposed to just placing your cursor over them?

Jane Ann

Hi Jane

I felt the same so I made sure CAC was in my approved sites. Made no difference. I am just not sure as to what to look for next.

Thanks

Me again Jane

It is the same when I click. Background and lock up. Now I see it will not let me edit either making me feel it is the security software. I'll keep looking, any ideas I'm all ears.

Me again Jane

It is the same when I click. Background and lock up. Now I see it will not let me edit either making me feel it is the security software. I'll keep looking, any ideas I'm all ears. ;shrug

Ken...

(the obvious)...Have you done a complete power down and restart of your computer?

What web browser are you using? Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, ...?

What version of the browser are you using? (Go up to Help -> About...)

Let's start with that and then we'll drill down further.

Ken...

(the obvious)...Have you done a complete power down and restart of your computer?

Yes daily and several times trying to correct it.

What web browser are you using? Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, ...?

Internet Explorer

What version of the browser are you using? (Go up to Help -> About...)

Let's start with that and then we'll drill down further.

I did notice I can edit now. There was a update done on my security suit. I 'll try to find a post with a thumbnail a see if it still is bad.

Ken, pop into the chat room...then we can talk live while you try things.

FlashChat v4.7.7

Ken, you might want to make sure you've got picture viewing enabled in the forum options.

Click on "User CP" in the toolbar towards the top of the page. From there, on the left of the screen will be another toolbar. At the top it will say "Your Control Panel". Scroll down until you get to the "Settings & Options" box. In that box will be "Edit Options", click on that. That will pull up a new page of options, Scroll down that page, about 2/3 of the way down, until you see a box labeled "Thread Display Options". There will be 3 check boxes inside the sub-box called "Visible Post Elements". Make sure the "Show Images" box is checked. Once that is done, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click the "Save Changes" button.

Good find, Twiget! But that shouldn't keep him from still being able to click on the link and have the graphic come up.

attachment.php

Ken, you might want to make sure you've got picture viewing enabled in the forum options.

Click on "User CP" in the toolbar towards the top of the page. From there, on the left of the screen will be another toolbar. At the top it will say "Your Control Panel". Scroll down until you get to the "Settings & Options" box. In that box will be "Edit Options", click on that. That will pull up a new page of options, Scroll down that page, about 2/3 of the way down, until you see a box labeled "Thread Display Options". There will be 3 check boxes inside the sub-box called "Visible Post Elements". Make sure the "Show Images" box is checked. Once that is done, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click the "Save Changes" button.

All three were checked.

Good find, Twiget! But that shouldn't keep him from still being able to click on the link and have the graphic come up.

attachment.php

Sorry Ver 8.0.6001.18702

It will not keep me signed on like it did before. Could cookies cause this?

there...

and you didn't tell me which version of IE you are using.

Got it firewall blocking it. CAC is in trusted sites. Now how to correct. that is the question

By the way like the vette and bike. This edit worked too

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom