Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Viper Alarm????

LordVader

Corvette
1980 Black / Oyster int,1985 Red/Grey int, 1994 gr
Hi Guys,
Does anyone here have one of these alarms on their corvette?
I am thinking of getting one installed and was wondering if anyone already had one and could let me know if they work well.

Thanks,
Mike.

Not in my Vette but we had Vipers in a couple of our work vehicles. They worked well. Good range on the remote.

-Mac

I have never installed Viper, but have installed many other brands in the past. The Viper brand has good recognition. The most important thing is to get it installed properly, which can be the rub.

CG

I have never installed Viper, but have installed many other brands in the past. The Viper brand has good recognition. The most important thing is to get it installed properly, which can be the rub.

CG
Agreed! A great alarm system with a crappy installation is a crappy alarm.

-Mac

Thanks for the answers so far, hoping to hear a few more.

With my car being a convertible an alarm wouldn't be much use to me. I am more interested in a LOJACK or some other kind of satellite tracking device for my car.

With my car being a convertible an alarm wouldn't be much use to me. I am more interested in a LOJACK or some other kind of satellite tracking device for my car.
The main reason I put an "alarm" in my '92 was for convenience features. My '92 did not come with keyless entry or a key FOB. I put an "alarm" in mainly to have keyless entry and remote start, with the added benefit of some security from your neighborhood thug.

CG

I have used them in several cars in the past. They worked very well, install was easy, never had any trouble.

Viper as far as I am concerned is the best , hands down. Get the proximity sensor with it... If anyone gets close to the Vette it says .. "protected by Viper, stand back" or something like that... It was a big hit in the 80's and 90's

Like others have stated, professional installation is a must.

Yes I would get it installed. There is a shop not too far from me that sells and installs and is Factory auth installer for viper. So I have that part covered, I just wanted to make sure the viper was worth the money. Thanks all for the replies.

Mike.

Yes I would get it installed. There is a shop not too far from me that sells and installs and is Factory auth installer for viper. So I have that part covered, I just wanted to make sure the viper was worth the money. Thanks all for the replies.

Mike.
I just saw you were from St Charles, I am in Highland, Illinois.. Are you getting Custom Sounds to do the install? They are awesome! I deal with the guys in Fairview Heights, Illinois

I just saw you were from St Charles, I am in Highland, Illinois.. Are you getting Custom Sounds to do the install? They are awesome! I deal with the guys in Fairview Heights, Illinois

I am planning on going to Audio Express in St. Peters.

When my wife was my girlfriend several years ago, she had a viper alarm installed on her 95 cutlass. A buddy of mind did the install, he was a certified installer. It has worked very well to this day. The key fob started falling apart, so I recently purchased another one. The big thing about getting an authorized installer to put it in, is that the parts have a lifetime warranty. Or at least they did.

The reason we put it in, because some punks broke in and stole the CD player.

Well around here in St.Louis we have a car theft problem. about 4 years ago I had a dodge Stratus get stolen from right in front of the hotel where my Union was having a state convention. I want to make sure that the Vette stays where I park it. I already have on of those clubs for the steering wheel, But want a better alarm system for the added protection.

Mike.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom