Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vortec

silver00v6camaro

ok i post a long time ago about this but fiqured since its been a while i would ask. For those who run vortec heads what have you dynoed and what is the setup. So post thoses dyno numbers​

Last year, after installing the GM Vortec heads, I had a dyno pull of 300HP and 330 Ft/Lbs Torque at the rear wheels.

rob77 said:
Last year, after installing the GM Vortec heads, I had a dyno pull of 300HP and 330 Ft/Lbs Torque at the rear wheels.
Are we assuming that this is the only change made on a stock engine? And on what engine?

Evolution1980 said:
Are we assuming that this is the only change made on a stock engine? And on what engine?

The Vortec heads were not the only change...sorry if I was misleading. The engine was pretty much stock when I bought it a few years ago, except that the 77 L48 engine was bored to a 355 and had a different cam. The HP at that time was 216HP/230ft-lbs of torque. I then replaced most of the engine from the block up, with the vortec heads (with valve spring upgrade), edelbrock air-gap intake, 750cfm edelbrock carb, comp cam (XE262H-10), 1.6 ratio aluminum rockers, headers, etc. which now produce the 300 RWHP/330FT-lbs of torque. It makes for a great driver.

Rob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom