Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wanted to share fresh paint photo's.

Smoke heading to the BEATY PARLOR

Her she goes for her $5,000 spa treatment. Home first of July:happyanim:Support Corvette Central...They have been outstanding in this project.

Save The Wave this summer.....:beer

Attachments

• 009-1.jpg
    009-1.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 82
Love the new paint job!

/Sigh my girl had a beautiful paint job... I found out that the previous owner had the car restored at a less than reputable place. This started out as a little bubble, then while I was serving in Korea it grew and formed a little crack. When i got back home it had grown a little more, and when i was waxing her one last time before winter, my micro fiber cloth snagged on the edge and popped it out. I glued it back in to hide the spot, but its grown even more. She turns a lot of heads, and you can't see all the spider webs and imperfections unless you get really close.. but i know they are there and it drives me nuts.

IMAG0045.jpg

All I can say is hang in there Ghilliesuit, your time will come soon my friend! Just ask 73-81 BST and when it's done you will be just like me and not mind doing a 60 mile round trip for ice cream...:thumb

Her she goes for her $5,000 spa treatment. Home first of July:happyanim:Support Corvette Central...They have been outstanding in this project.

Save The Wave this summer.....:beer

Glad to see you stripped it of all the pieces, nothing worse than when someone tries to tape up door handles and window trim!! Should get great results!!

Smoke is back....

Finally “Smoke” made it back from the spa.:happyanim:...$4,500 paint, body work and a P-door installed, $260 for headers/exhaust….now the fun part, putting her back together. With football starting in a week, Joe and I should be done just in time to put “Smoke” up for the winter. Paint job is incredible. When YZ pulled the cover off, Joe damn near pissed in his paints. It took him 15 minutes to say something, and when he did….his Mother would not be happy….I think it was “Wholly Shit YZ”. I'll post some pics when I have a chance.

:beer
Save the Wave guys.....Passed a 8-10 Vette caravan (I-90 west) the way back w/ Smoke on the trailer....lights flashing and horn blasting....Joe loved it...

I can't wait to see the pic's. i am willing to bet that it looks sharp with thoses wheels....:beer

Looks OUTSTANDING....$5,000 + in Chicago....

Our 82 "Smoke" heading in to the booth in a month or so. She needs to finish stripping off the 2+ layers of MACO paint first...

STW

STW,

There's a great shop near you in Schaumburg. It BNC Auto Body on Lunt Ave. Owner is Cris. He does restorations and motors as well. He did my LT-5 motor. Awesome and incredibly reasonable.
His # is 1 (847) 514-7078.

Finally

Finally “Smoke” made it back from the spa.:happyanim:...$4,500 paint, body work and a P-door installed, $260 for headers/exhaust….now the fun part, putting her back together. With football starting in a week, Joe and I should be done just in time to put “Smoke” up for the winter. Paint job is incredible. When YZ pulled the cover off, Joe damn near pissed in his paints. It took him 15 minutes to say something, and when he did….his Mother would not be happy….I think it was “Wholly Shit YZ”. I'll post some pics when I have a chance.

Save the Wave guys.....Passed a 8-10 Vette caravan (I-90 west) the way back w/ Smoke on the trailer....lights flashing and horn blasting....Joe loved it...

Thought I would share some photos. (I will try to load more to my albums this evening)
Man has it been a long long long time….Damn near a year after “Smoke” returned from the spa, she is back on the road. Stripped, gutted, and restored. I have not added up the tab, but I bet my wife has, WHO CARES…my son thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread.

20 years ago I said I would never restore another Vette, (See my ID: 73-81 bst: B=Blood, S=Sweat, T=Tears) but seeing my sons face this week-end at our first car show in over 2 years with “Smoke”……IT WAS WORTH IT! He went through a whole bottle of detail wax in probably 3 hours….
Anyway, it has been a journey of highs, lows and a lot of BEER. Paint job is good has a couple of spots we need to address, Thanks YZ. The interior has been a challenge (After Market stuff SUX!) dash, carpet, compartment door frames etc. all required modification. NOT CORVETTE CENTRALS fault.… I did not even install the new dash had the old one repaired locally and it looks great. (IF anybody wants a new slate gray dash CHEEP…give me a call) Still need to install door panels, but need to fix a couple of gremlins…, power locks do not want to work now, the outside driver’s door handle decided to break, and I need to realign the door glass. Then there is the nickel dime STUFF , Tach light bulb, horn contact spring, etc.…
Anyway, It’s been fun.

Remember to Save The Wave this summer. See you at Bloomington Gold

Attachments

• 161a.jpg
    161a.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 131a.jpg
    131a.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 129a.jpg
    129a.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 162a.jpg
    162a.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 77
Corvette stories that revolve around family are ALWAYS neat! I have kept my C5 in Florida
since I bought it in 2006, and as far as I can tell it never left the state! This year I decided
to bring it to Massachusetts to have some fun over the summer, and when my 4 year old
Grandson saw it for the first time, he said "Grump.....is this a race car?" I said "Why do you
think it's a race car"? He pointed to the nose emblem and said "Cause it has flags on it!"
REALLY made my day............! Thanks for the pix and story. "Smoke" looks GREAT, and don't
forget to post some pix of the interior when it's done.
Andy Anderson :w

Father-son projects are worth whatever it takes to do them. That's time (and money) well spent. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom