Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

water wetter

regalniz

Corvette
94 Polo Green Convertible w/auto
is it ok to put water wetter in the overflow tank, or should i wait till the morn' and put it directly into the radiator filler upper thing reservoir?

Actually, I would drain some coolant out into a clean pan, add the waterwetter into the radiator, than refill. This will allow the wetter and coolant to mix alittle better. Hope this helps.

Add it to the expansion tank at the top. You should siphon off just a bit of coolant to get it in there, but make sure you have the coolant level back to the bottom of the opening after you add it. The system will pull coolant from the overflow tank, but if the level in the expansion tank goes too low, the "Low Coolant" light willl light up in the DIC.

vette1985- The later C4's do not have a radiator cap on the radiator itself. There is a separate surge tank that is located above the heater blower motor and the pressure cap is there. The expansion tank is in the same place as the early C4's

thanks. that made a little more sense to me. no offense vette1985, you were the first to reply!

Do it right, by draining some of the antifreeze, then adding the water wetter, but do not put the radiator cap back on until you have it started and the thermostat has gone through atleast two open cycles. That way you know you've gotten any air out of the system, because you know if there is any air in there, it will accumulate right under the thermostat, and it'll take longer to go through cycles and purge the system, with the cap back in place.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom