Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Welcome new members!

Evolution1980

Administrator
Corvette
ZZ4, 700R4, Steeroids rack & pinion, VB&P Brakes
Hey everyone! I haven't been around much lately, but wanted to take a moment to give a big Hello and Welcome!!!! to all the new folks posting in the C3 and other subforums. I see there's quite a few new faces, so I figure that I'd send a shout out to all of you at once.

If you haven't already, be sure to stop by the New Members Introduction section and introduce yourself to the rest of the crew!
Please, stay active on the site! Post your questions or feel free to give your 2¢ to someone else! It's your constructive contributions to this online community that helps to make the CAC one of the best Corvette sites on the net! :upthumbs

Hello all! Ijust picked up a 75 yesterday w 73,000 original miles on it . It's orange flame w/ black on the inside. 4 speed J engine code going to redo this one for my son haha and have 14 yrs to complete it . dam front lights ?

Hi All!

hi all! I just bought an 81 vette a couple months ago. It's preped for paint as we speak. was black and silver with silver interior, but it will be maroon metallic. Can't wait!:thumb

Welcome to the CAC. Be sure to visit us over in the Shark section.

Welcome to the cac..........................Billy:w

Hey, guys!

I recently bought an '80 and it needs a lot of work (the engine bay is a complete mess). I've got a long road ahead of me, but it'll be worth it! :D

Hey, guys!

I recently bought an '80 and it needs a lot of work (the engine bay is a complete mess). I've got a long road ahead of me, but it'll be worth it! :D

Welcome to the :CAC

Be sure to check out this thread for new members: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...w-members-welcome-corvette-action-center.html

... and if you're so inclined, tell us a little about yourself and your "new" Corvette in this forum: New Member Introductions - Corvette Action Center

Enjoy the C3 and the CAC!!
:wJane Ann

Hey, guys!

It's how I started with mine! Took more than a couple years, but I'm pleased with the results. :cool You'll get there too! :thumb

A very new member

Hello every one. Colin from western australia. Have got so much info from every one just from researching I decided to jion I l ook forward to sharing info with you all and forgive me I ahvnt worked out how to put pics up yet.

welcome to you down under, always good to have you guys aboard........................................billy:upthumbs:upthumbs:upthumbs

Hello all! I joined last year, but first posted yesterday. I have a numbers matching '71 Stingray convertible I inherited when my father passed. We both have a passion for cars. We would do car shows and cruise nights together (I also own a modified '94 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 that twin turbo and AWD/AWS, and no, its NOT riced out, just fast, lol).

Growing up I had a few classic's, a '70 Trans Am, '77 Monte Carlo and a '78 Firebird and while I enjoy my Japanese sports car, I wanted to get back to raw power and the sweet purr of a rumbling V8. So when my Dad left his pride and joy to me, I went over her, put her on jack stands, covered her and she sat in garaged hibernation until my stint in the military was up. Fast forward to last spring and after 5 years of waiting on me, she came back to life. Was great going to the shows my Dad did and people asking it if I'd bought his car or if I knew the previous owner, cause a car exactly like mine used to do the show circuit in the area. After telling them I am his son, doors and arms flew open so to speak and I've been taken in by the flock. Any of you who routinely do car shows know what I'm talking about. Love it and can't wait for the weather to get nicer! Had her out a few weeks ago when New England teased us with back to back 50º+ days!
I'm a good wrench, but still learning the ins and out of this particular beast, like the best fluids to use, how to get the dash apart to replace the busted speaker, etc.

Thanks,

Butch

Welcome to the forum.

Recommend getting a Factory Service Manual from Helm Inc. Getting the dash pad off is not hard, just cumbersome due to how much trim you have to remove to get to it. IIRC, you have to flex it a little to clear the A-pillars. Have to be careful there as it's probably brittle from age. :eek:hnoes

Good day to everyone from sunny Southern :wCalifornia. My ride is a DD, 1973 L-48. I am a board member of the California Stingrays. We are a 5-member group, that organizes cruises through-out the state of California.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Stingrays-Car-Club/125678424202422

View attachment 13708View attachment 13709
Welcome to the :CAC
That's a nice '73 ya have there. I also checked out your FB page. Looks like you have some nice sharks in your group!
Does your group have a public forum of sorts like we have here, or just FB?

Technically, we don't have a forum of our own, but we do hang out most of the time @ this site;

C3 Corvettes, 1968 - 1982 - Corvette Forum

And more specifically on this board;

C3 General - Corvette Forum

The traffic on these sites is fast and furious. You post a thread and ten minutes later it's half way down the page. You have to constantly keep refreshing the page. here is one of several links that we (the California Stingrays ) have posted;

California Stingrays cruise 2013 - Corvette Forum

I joined this site in hopes to generate more interest in the state and local cruises that we sponsor. But in the short time I have been here, it appears that most of the members here are located East of the Mississippi. Always nice to meet new friends though. :thumb
Steve

I joined this site in hopes to generate more interest in the state and local cruises that we sponsor. But in the short time I have been here, it appears that most of the members here are located East of the Mississippi. Always nice to meet new friends though. :thumb
Steve
We did have quite a few members on the west coast, but most of them have moved a bit more inland for whatever their reasons were. Things are a little bit more relaxed here at the CAC, so feel free to post. We do have a 'regional' section here that you can use for posting events.

Technically, we don't have a forum of our own, but we do hang out most of the time @ this site;

C3 Corvettes, 1968 - 1982 - Corvette Forum

And more specifically on this board;

C3 General - Corvette Forum

The traffic on these sites is fast and furious. You post a thread and ten minutes later it's half way down the page. You have to constantly keep refreshing the page. here is one of several links that we (the California Stingrays ) have posted;

California Stingrays cruise 2013 - Corvette Forum

Steve

Why not hang out here? :upthumbs

Why not hang out here? :upthumbs

I have an Excel database with (currently) 103 C3 Stingrays in California alone and this number is increaseing all the time. Because we're a California based club, that's why we hang out there. However, a site like the "CF" has it's disadvantges too and for thoses reasons, that's why I'm here too.

And thanks for the warm welcome......

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom