Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

well, that's it......... I think

no i didn't get it sold John so it looks as though Linda has a new toy to use for a while. I'm not going to be concerned about keeping the milage down below 10,000 anymore and even had a friend drive her back home from the show. it sitting with 9,948 miles now and Linda is welcome to hop in and enjoy the car.
In fact, my '65 is giving me so many problem lately it may be staying in the garage until next spring now unless I can manage to figure out the issues with it and if so than we will just use the '78 to enjoy our Corvetteing events and activities. On longer trips the '78 will be more comfortable of a cruiser anyway, especially on the highway compared to the '65 and it's 4.11 rear gears and loud sidepipes.
I might try again in the Spring to sell it, we will see. If not and we decide to keep it than I may decide to make some changes to the car....... maybe remove the emmisions crap off the motor, put in a better cam and exhaust, maybe even sidepipes. who knows, i have no clue yet what our plans for the car will be.

Sorry to hear this Barry, although I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason. Maybe in a couple of months you'll be thankful it didn't sell - I hope so. I'm in the same boat as you - I'm being layed off after 23 years with the same group, in the same company. But like I said, things happen for a reason, and I'm hoping I'll still be a believer in that a few months down the road. -John

I don't care what the feds say. This economy is in the toilet.

:bar

I couldn't agree more. I've sent several resumes out for positions that I was more than qualified for - jobs that were virtually the same as what I do now - and I haven't even received a reply.

Hey everybody!
I've got to admit, I love driving the "Big Blue."
It was a total rush and I felt completely comfortable behind the wheel.
I know that we should sell her, but gosh darn it, I've waited all my life to own a car that is this cool and I really don't want to let her go.
I've tried so hard over the last few months not to become too attached, but...

(sigh...)

I think its too late.

I guess as long as she goes to a good home, I should be happy.
Right?

:cry

John
that sucks! It feels crappy to get laid off especially if you have been with the company for a while and you've done a good job. In my case I got laid off right after being top salesman for the entire 12 months of the fiscal year and making "Salesman of the Year". Go figure!!
I've been sending out resumes like crazy over the last couple months and like you even on jobs that are EXACTLY what I was doing I don't even get a reply back. Worst is when you send resumes out on jobs that are even below the level you were doing and are half the income level and they don't even send you a reply! Man, what are you suppose do, start working at jobs that involve the phase "would you like fries or an apple pie with that sir?"

rut roh..........
Linda's posting......... so I guess she liked driving it as much as I suspected!
why do I have the feeling that the '78 is going to be a bit more permanant than I thought it was going to be recently? ;LOL

hmmm, if she likes and is claiming the '78, does that mean she is now responsible for all the cleaning and detailing too :D

rut roh..........
Linda's posting......... so I guess she liked driving it as much as I suspected!
why do I have the feeling that the '78 is going to be a bit more permanant than I thought it was going to be recently? ;LOL

hmmm, if she likes and is claiming the '78, does that mean she is now responsible for all the cleaning and detailing too :D

You show me the proper care and maintenance for "Blue" and I'll do it.
But... does that mean that I can now drive her without going thru the 3rd degree of "Where are you going?" "How long will you be gone?" "Are you sure you want to take her out?" "Maybe you should take the Forerunner instead."

etc., etc., etc.

:D

You show me the proper care and maintenance for "Blue" and I'll do it.
But... does that mean that I can now drive her without going thru the 3rd degree of "Where are you going?" "How long will you be gone?" "Are you sure you want to take her out?" "Maybe you should take the Forerunner instead."

etc., etc., etc.

:D

The first one is easy, no problem. I'll be more than happy to give you a crash course on detailing the car........

the second one might be harder! I can try but make no promises. ;LOL
BTW, never forget about that 3 foot blind spot in the front past the fenders. :)

BTW, never forget about that 3 foot blind spot in the front past the fenders. :)
Barry,I put a short antenna with a corvette Flag on my 78 front license mount for my wife after the First Bumper Repaint!! (I took it off after about 6 weeks) Like Training Wheels Man, it's been 24 years and she has not Thumped it once!!:D :upthumbs

that's funny junk!
I just always remember years ago when my dad got his '79 after wanting a vette his whole life.
I think it might have been his first drive in the car or at one of the very first drives. We went to my uncles house so he could show off the car. Pulling up in front of my uncles he parks the car at the curb in front of the house and manages to pull too close to a car already parked there and put the nose under the other car's rear bumber scraping the nose of the new vette. He was NOT happy.
That incident alone, all those many years ago, even though it only happened once, never lets me forget about that blind spot on the C3's.

Barry,I put a short antenna with a corvette Flag on my 78 front license mount for my wife after the First Bumper Repaint!! (I took it off after about 6 weeks) Like Training Wheels Man, it's been 24 years and she has not Thumped it once!!:D :upthumbs

Thanks! That's great advice. Whaddya think, Barr?

Wow Barry, You've got a good one, Jo didn't think it was a Bit Funny back then!!!;LOL :rotfl :D She Laughs about it now,But I was in the Dog house for a Long Time!!!:upthumbs
Thanks! That's great advice. Whaddya think, Barr?

it may not be a bad idea Junk but d*mn, that would be awfully unsightly being driven around like that. :)
besides, I can't imagine her taking the car anywhere such as she would need to park it on the street or a shopping center parking lot. it's not a daily driver.
The garage is probably the biggest issue pulling it in.

yeah, she's a good one - she has to be to put up with me. Besides, I'm always in the doghouse anyway, vette issues or not.........

Linda: I knew you'd like driving her.. She's a beaut.. My tip (And yes, i did do this too): Put the headlights up (without the lights). Pull on the lever under the steering wheel, it'll pop up the headlights, giving you an idea of where the nose is. Still, another couple of inches in front of that, but after a while you'll get used to it.

Barry: Sounds like you are now a multi-vette family, with 2 vettes.. (Color me green with envy :L) :upthumbs

:w

The garage is probably the biggest issue pulling it in.

yeah, she's a good one - she has to be to put up with me. Besides, I'm always in the doghouse anyway, vette issues or not.........
Park the car the way you want it in the garage, and then hang a red rubber or tennis ball on a string from the ceiling where it just touches the windshield in the center just behind and above the hood!!!!!:upthumbs

Stephan, we will see......... if i find a buyer willing to pay my price it's still gone...

Junk, yep, been meaning to do that for both vettes for a while now.

Park the car the way you want it in the garage, and then hang a red rubber or tennis ball on a string from the ceiling where it just touches the windshield in the center just behind and above the hood!!!!!:upthumbs
Same here, only I have a key chain with a New York Islander on it instead of a tennis ball. (and a Detroit Red Wings hockey helmet key chain in front of the Monte) And yes, the headlights up is a good training guide. I've never done it as I can't judge distance very well, and always stop about 6 feet short!

C.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom