Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What a Waste

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Is anyone near this car that can get an eyeball on it for me?

E-mail me, please? I will be travelling (job) but will have contact.

Thanks.

• Admin
I wish I could. I have a feeling the car probably won't start because the starter contacts are probably flaking off by now. Unfortunately, it's going to need a fair amount of work but could easily turn out to be a great car.

I would absolutely love to pick up this car and heavily modify with some Lingenfelter touches and blue/white Grand Sport paint job. Something I've always wanted but.....someday.

that motor looks kinda nasty for 36,000 miles. doesn't look like a bad car to do some work on. If I had the $ id get it. It's not to far off my current VIN. Id really like a 95 purple # 8 is the vin I think that I want. but anyone will do. :)

• Admin
A few years ago, I went to a dealer in NH that had a 1991 sitting out on the lot. They had never sold it and the car spent a fair amount of time out in the sun. I went over the car with a fine tooth comb. It was a damn shame. Believe it or not, the engine was nasty on this one as well. The engine paint had faded adn everything was covered in a thick layer of sand and dust. It was gross.

The rubber hoses were covered in dry rot and some were starting to crack as were the sidewalls of the tires. I just don't understand how you can buy a car....any car and neglect it that badly. What's the point?

I really wish I had the money to pick this one up and rescue it...but even if I did, I'd have no place to put it and wouldn't have the money required to fix it up and get it in reliable running condition.

Im running out of places to put my cars, but if I was to get that Id be repaving my front yard and sticking all my daily drivers there. the stang would be sitting outside also. I just need more garage space.

Wow. Cars that sit can cause more problems than high mileage well used/abused machines.

This car is going to be eaten up with leaks on the seals from nose to tail.

Basically, it is going to be a can of worms for the future owner on top of figuring out why it won't run.

Been through this with a beautiful 75 that only had 40k miles on it. It had been stored for an extended period of time. When we drove the car, it looked and seemed to be ok. Wrong! Two weeks after we got it and about 350 miles, the brakes, power steering, transmission, and on-and-on were all leaking. Basically, we ended up restoring everything (except the engine) that had a seal...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom