Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: What can I remove?

ladams

Corvette
1981 White
Hi everyone,
I would like to create some room and de-clutter under the hood of my driver/hobby vette and was wondering how I would go about removing some stuff without causing problems. I know that the emmisions stuff is all disconnected but I am not sure how to remove it. I would like to get rid of the ductwork also. If anyone has some ideas or pics it would be appreciated.
ps. I know to keep all the stuff in a box in case I ever need it.
thanx

The duct work is ugly but it really is good performance wise. I'd keep it! God bless, Sensei

You can savely remove the AIR pump, diverter etc. Of course you need the plug all the open holes. I don't think you can remove the compleet vapore canister so you need to go into that one to find out what to remove and what to leave on.
Removing the aircleaner (ducts) and change them for a open aircleaner is also no problem. But with the ducts your engine gets cold denser air (denser air is more air is more HP) and a open aircleaner gets the hot air from around the engine (less air is less HP).

Groeten Peter

I don't think you can remove the compleet vapore canister so you need to go into that one to find out what to remove and what to leave on.

You can remove it, but you get no benefit except visual clean up, and you will have hot start problems (vapor lock)

Removing the aircleaner (ducts) and change them for a open aircleaner is also no problem. But with the ducts your engine gets cold denser air (denser air is more air is more HP) and a open aircleaner gets the hot air from around the engine (less air is less HP).

:_rock Right on!

God bless, Sensei

Check out the pics of my engine in one of the previous posts on this page. It is fairly cleaned up. I really like the oirginal look of the engine stock even with the smog equipment, but most most of these components are either gone or boxed up for me. The air intake is still hooked up and I can access everything in the engine bay fairly easily.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom