Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What do you think the C6 will do for the ZR-1 market?

There are some magic words that relate to the cash value of older corvettes; solid axel, split window, big block, B2K and soon to be ZR1. If the word Z06 ever becomes magic I will probably be to old and deaf to hear it.:eyerole

Back in 1975 some idiot gave me $5K and a 63 coupe, (in pieces), for my ´60. We both got a good deal, i.e. we both ended up with cars worth much more than we paid for them. I wish I had never sold either one:( … this is a lesson I finally learned; now instead of selling a car we extend the garage.;)

The Z06 is like the average C4, there are just too many off them so they will not see a reasonable resale value for many years but like all Corvettes, if you keep it long enough it will begin to appreciate.
Please let the price of ZR1 continue until the day after I buy mine.:Steer

Give Me 400hp With My Top Off And Dohc For Longitivity

I don't know how you all feal about this but I drive with the top off my Z all the time. And till the c6 vert. is here there is no replacement for the "targa top" ZR-1. At 6'4" in a C5 Targa top the roll bar seems fwd. more perhaps due to the trunk/gas tank relocation, and i find this unacceptable, so only the vert C-5 (with a roll bar-do not like not having one) would fit a big guy like me. I did meet a guy in a gas station who did fit into his Z06 and was my height (much to my surprise) I figure he has longer legs than I and maybe I am longer in the torso and upper half than him cause my head hits the roof in the Z06!!! It will be interesting to see how I fit in the C6 models. I don't fit in a Viper(knees wedge up against the dash--can't even get to the pedals on the floor-should have seen the wife laughing at me) or any of the Japan or Italian cars well. I do fit in most German and English sportcars. So for me the ZR-1 is still the KOTH and at very nice price as well!!! Just this "big guy's" 2 cents worth......plus I don't like "stinkin pushrods" give me DOHC tech. over pushrods for endurance and reliability and high rpm's anytime--let us never forget the "heart of the beast" that made the KOTH King in the first place!!!!!

I had a close up look at the c-6 at a dealer here in norcal ......and my take is that it's more of a a c-5 killler than the ZR1. The c-6 was in the show room and a 95 ZR1 was right outside and I went back and forth and "just for me" not others the Z wins. The c-6 is a much improved c-5.........and a few other things I notice is that the aero package will make it more stable at higher speeds......engine compartment says twin turbos ......suspension looks stiff. They will sell a bunch of these and I think at the upper limits "which most will not experience" this car will handle far better than the c-5. Anyone with modest upgrades to a Zr1 or a c4 can run with or beat this car. And it's not tall people friendly. The c-6 looks a lot better close up than any picture or vid!!! So I return you back to the only 4-valve corvette show in town and if you don't understand the difference then trade now avail your ZR1 to a person that does.

I guess I'll put in my .02 worth. I honestly don't think the C6 is gonna affect the ZR1 market much if at all. The ZR1 was very limited numbers where as they will probably make 30k C6's. Secondly 3 tenths of a second better for the C6 is not much seeings it weighs 300 lbs less and has 10 years of technology over the ZR1. Take that 10 years of technology and apply it to the ZR1 and I guarantee you the car would be an 11 sec car. Also a Zr1 was a .9+g car on the skidpad and when you get up to those numbers the average driver is not gonna know the difference. The C6 is a beautiful car but for my money I would rather buy a ZR1.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom