Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is it for? Brakes!

DogAlpha

Corvette
1993 Polo Green Coupe
Changed my front pads today and ABS dash lights went away... YEAH!!!!

A quick question? What is the whole at the top of the calipers for? It has a rubber hood on it? oil? Doesn't look like a grease fitting? What is it for?

Changed my front pads today and ABS dash lights went away... YEAH!!!!

A quick question? What is the whole at the top of the calipers for? It has a rubber hood on it? oil? Doesn't look like a grease fitting? What is it for?
It's called a Brake Bleeder!! Thats where you bleed air out of the Brake system!!:upthumbs

Dear Friend,

If you don't know what that is for, you should not be doing your own brake job.

If it's a joke question, you got me.

:)

Dear Friend,

If you don't know what that is for, you should not be doing your own brake job.

If it's a joke question, you got me.

:)

Starting an insult as "Dear Friend" that's a good one! Anyway I just got my first Corvette and signed up here for help not criticisms. Thanks for the comment and I'll work on whatever I want to *******!

The real insult will occur at highway speeds when you go after your brakes and they do something other than slow you down, please take my criticism as constructive, brakes, are important, especially the first application......................You can get away with other Bo-Bo"s, but not with brakes........................:beer

Starting an insult as "Dear Friend" that's a good one! Anyway I just got my first Corvette and signed up here for help not criticisms. Thanks for the comment and I'll work on whatever I want to *******!

Was not meant as an insult. Sorry you take things that way.

:confused

So basically you put in new pads and never bled the brake system, maybe just a little drop of oil or two down the bleeder "hole" with the rubber "hood"?

I see it's your first Corvette, uh, but those caliper bleeders are on ALL calipers, not just Corvette.

;shrug

If you are going to learn how to work on cars by getting instruction on internet forums, and bring along a bad attitude, as you display in your post well.............

Feel free to do whatever you want to your Vette.

:chuckle

Better yet, take the chip off your shoulder, don't call those of us who have been posting for a while ********, and maybe you will learn how to work on your Vette.

:beer

The real insult will occur at highway speeds when you go after your brakes and they do something other than slow you down, please take my criticism as constructive, brakes, are important, especially the first application......................You can get away with other Bo-Bo"s, but not with brakes........................:beer

Or at the crosswalk when kids are crossing. :eek:hnoes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom