Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: What is the best shop manual for a '57?

PeterR

Corvette
'54, '57 fuelie, '91 Z07
I have the 1953-1962 Corvette Servicing Guide but so far I've found it pretty inadequate (doesn't even have a good table of fastener torque settings--at least not for the engine). I couldnt' even find something as basic as the torque setting for the oil canister bolt. I know the old cars are a lot simpler than those of today, but a shop manual that is only 3/4" thick and covers 10 model years has to be leaving out a lot. Is there a more complete service reference for the '57? Maybe a shop manual dedicated to '56-57 or just '57?

Thanks,

PeterR

I have the 1953-1962 Corvette Servicing Guide but so far I've found it pretty inadequate (doesn't even have a good table of fastener torque settings--at least not for the engine). I couldnt' even find something as basic as the torque setting for the oil canister bolt. I know the old cars are a lot simpler than those of today, but a shop manual that is only 3/4" thick and covers 10 model years has to be leaving out a lot. Is there a more complete service reference for the '57? Maybe a shop manual dedicated to '56-57 or just '57?

Thanks,

PeterR

Yes, there is. The ST-12 was published to cover only those components unique to the Corvette. For complete coverage that includes all the components shared with passenger cars that aren't covered in the ST-12, you need the 1957 Passenger Car Shop Manual. It's available from the NCRS on-line store at www.ncrs.org.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom