Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is this called?

Paul Higg

Corvette
2007 Monterey Red
Can anyone tell me the name of this so I can order a pair? They look like they hang down from the leaf spring. I guess I would need upper and lower for both sides right?

Thanks.

DSCN2755.jpg

I believe those are stabilizer links.

Thanks, so if I was going to order them would I look for stabilizer link bushings or something? I need the name of the bushings.

Thanks.

Paul

I believe those are stabilizer links.
No,Those are Spring Insulators!!:thumb 4 required for Rt and Lt side!!GM Part #14044580 :upthumbs

Junk!!!! Again, YOY DA MAN!!!

Thanks!!!

Paul

Gonna now replace the read tie rods and those rotted insulators while I'm there.

Paul.

Hey Junk, where can I order them from? It doesn't seem to be a good number in all the GM places I searched.

Paul

Hey Junk, where can I order them from? It doesn't seem to be a good number in all the GM places I searched.

Paul
I just took that number out of my GM Parts Illustration Catalog,They have probly superseded the number!! I'd have to check with my GM parts man!! Ecklers have polyurethane set of 4 for 16.99!! They call them Spring Cushions!!:thumb

Praise the Lord and pass the butter! Junk, you really are DA MAN!

Thanks again!

Paul

No,Those are Spring Insulators!!:thumb 4 required for Rt and Lt side!!GM Part #14044580 :upthumbs

Junk, I have them on order from Eckler's but the FSM calls out for a leaf spring compression tool. No auto parts store has one for rent. My question is can I use a "QuickGrip" clamp instead? Or maybe a big "C" clamp? What is your advice?

Thanks again.

Paul

PS: After replacement will I notice a difference?

Paul, I used my floor jack with a cushion on it so I wouldn't damage the spring. The only difference I noticed was when I looked under neath the car.

Thanks Tom. How about my small floor jack with a hockey puck on it. I don't understand what the last part of your post meant. "Looked underneath the car."

Thanks Tom. How about my small floor jack with a hockey puck on it. I don't understand what the last part of your post meant. "Looked underneath the car."

What I meant is you don't see that cracked nasty looking spring insulator any more. :D

I would think a hockey puck would work just fine.

Thanks Tom, I appreciate your clearing that up. I'm reading a book called "Corvette The Definitive Guide to the All-American Sports Car." It's excellent. What's funny about my car is it was built in July of 1994 but it has the features of a 1995, at least according to the book.

Anyway, this book is great, it goes all the way back to the first Vette and all the way through the C6's. It even talks about the fiberglass leaf spring. I never knew it had one. The spring goes way back too. When I tell my friends that my Vette has a fiberglass leaf spring they look at me like I'm crazy.

What a book though!

I did a search on that book. Looks very interesting , where did you get yours and what did you have to pay?

Glenn
:w

My wife bought it for my birthday which was last week. She bought it at Border's. I don't know how much she paid for it. It is fascinating reading though.

Sounds like a book I need to get!

Yeah, it lists the technical specs of EVERY model, wheel base, bhp, torque, everything. Lots of great photos, and great reading. It's a big, thick, coffe table type book.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom