Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is your 'daily driver'?

craig32

Corvette
1981 repainted black coupe
OK, I've been wondering. . . our Vettes are 24 years old now, and it is currently winter - What does John Q. 81Vetteowner drive? Another Chevy of some sort? A very economical car to afford the luxury? 4X4? "I'll walk til spring"? Mind my own business?! I have a 2002 Monte Carlo - bought new, shares the garage with the Vette. Anyone else want to weigh in?
Craig

Lincoln LS 2001 (bought new)
Ford "Splash" 1993 (bought new)

I usually drive the "Splash" the LS is getting harder and harder to get into, it's too dam low.. Our old 740iL was a much nicer car than the LS... it's mama's car so :eyerole

Bud

Mini Cooper

mini1a.jpg

I get more compliments and smiles :) driving this car...seems like everybody loves the MINI...we drive over 100 miles a day round trip to and from work...

Daily driver is an 02 Avalanche. Gotta love the bowtie!

My 79 Camaro shares driver duties with the 81 vette. The Camaro sits outside, so I guess it is technically my daily driver, since I drive it in bad weather.

They're both fairly reliable, I haven't been caught in a pinch with both dead at the same time yet.

'03 Toyota solara sle with Blizzaks all around. 3"to 5" coming Sunday night.

'96 Ford Contour SE. (6 banger, 5 spd, 167K hard miles). It gets to sit outside year-round while the vette and the motorcycle get a heated garage.
My vette has taken over the reigns as the more reliable car, except in rain (for the most part). The vette doesn't go out in the rain unless I get caught in it. But I would more likely trust my vette on a long haul than I would my Contour. I only take the Contour because of the amenities/comfort.

My daily is a 99 Ford Ranger. Econimical and so far pretty reliable. Good for daily use...

Carl

The Vette and the Trans Am sit in the garage.

I drive a 4Runner for around town, and my Girlfriend drives the Jetta.

See signature...

Drive a 02 Monte Carlo SS blk , just got some torq thrust II types for it and an 04 ranger 4x4.and in the winter snowmobiles when ever possible!

an 81 vette, although i'm looking at getting a truck for daily duties

Right Now im using my brothers car a 1994 V6 Camaro with 134K but he gets his license in April and i will be using the vette daily for the summer. Im going to college so i no longer need a winter car. And no the 66 impala is definetly not driven daily.

2000 Olds. Bravada. Really good car. Luxury is superb. Bought it at carmax over a year ago and no trouble since. Fantastic in snow and ice!

-Tatortot

My vette isn't an 81, but it IS my daily driver. Clocked over 250k total miles.
Heidi :w

ps...Kenny has a 97 Explorer and a 96 Virago motorcycle, so if I need another vehicle for any reason, I get the truck(explorer). The truck is very uncomfortable for me so I avoid driving it or riding in it as much as possible.

'04 Jeep Wrangler & a '01 Dodge Durango. The Vette gets out of the garage about once a month in winter & weekly in the summer.

my daily driver to work is a silverado HD (my other toy)!!!

The Porsche is the daily driver.The "little red car" comes out in good weather......

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom