Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is your thought on this Essential C3 Tool KIt?

krscholz

Corvette
75 Corvette Coupe, 383 Stroker
What's your thought on this Essential C3 Tool KIt?

Hi, I have been looking for years for the right tool kit that would fit in the storage compartment behind the passenger seat. I finally found one and had a handsome embroidered C3 Logo attached to it. I placed the item on ebay for slightly more than my wholesale cost me and have had no buyers. I'd like you to take a look at it and see what you think. Here is the Link: C3 68-82 Corvette Tool Kit with C3 Logo | eBay

i did not see any tape to wrap the radiator hoses or instaflate tire repair.you have done a nice job puting the kit togethere.but is there a need ?i have never been let down by my car and if it did, i would call hagerty or others would call aaa. good luck i hope you sell some kits.

Nice Gift Idea

That's a nice gift idea for a car owner and it could be useful too if the need arose.

On my older, no computer/electronics (not a Corvette) antique car, I carry various spare parts and the necessary tool kit to get me home.

Cool Kit!

I like your kit just for the logo but here's what I carry...
1/2 inch ratchet
6 inch extention with 13/16 socket for lug nuts
11/16 combo
9/16 combo
1/2-9/16 open end
7/16-3/8 open end
black tape
duct tape
couple of ties
#2 phillips
#2 short common and a rag.
kit.jpg

Not shown are 3 fan belts
fix-a-flat
and a fire extingusher.

Chinese??

Yes, I know what you're saying about Chinese made tools. When I was a kid they said the same about Japanese manufactured things. Thats all changed and so are these tools. They high quality good tools.

Ken -
I think you've done a great job on the kit - very cool. I think your target market is as a gift item and as a "nice touch" novelty item for someone's car. I don't know anyone with a C2 or C3 that actually carries any tools in the car out of neccessity: Any on-road failures with these cars are usually dramatic enough that you'd never be able to actually do anything about it with some wrenches and a pair of pliers alongside the road. Realistically, the tool we use is a cell phone with the phone number for the flatbed tow company, so I don't think you'll get many buyers from actual serious Vette drivers. But if my daughter gave me a kit like that for Father's day, I would proudly insert it in my Vette's compartment - I think that's where your market is.
:beer
Lars

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom