Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What job do we C4 owners have?

Edmond said:
Things like people not wanting to work so they don't have to pay child support, cheating spouses and other forms of fraud.

Well sounds like you are never short of work ;) . Every family needs one of you Ed. Cheating spouses are lots and lots here also; mostly the men :L of course... I never did that, thrust me ;LOL

Selim

There is plenty of work out there, so many people are committing fraud. I hear the workers comp. cases are plentiful but I've never worked on one of those cases. You know, guys claiming they're hurt and can't go back to work. Then they get videotape of the guy in his backyard doing heavy yard work, moving 50 pound bags of rocks and soil and doing all kinds of digging. All this while he goes to and from the car with a limp or crutches and plays that all the way to the doctors office.:ugh

Edmond said:
There is plenty of work out there, so many people are committing fraud. I hear the workers comp. cases are plentiful but I've never worked on one of those cases. You know, guys claiming they're hurt and can't go back to work. Then they get videotape of the guy in his backyard doing heavy yard work, moving 50 pound bags of rocks and soil and doing all kinds of digging. All this while he goes to and from the car with a limp or crutches and plays that all the way to the doctors office.:ugh

Yeah there are stupidos like those all around the world. We have civil servant receiving salaries without ever going to work, or going to work and doing absolutely nothing...

Your job must have a lot of excitement, wooooov. Sneaking around the people, taking pictures, shooting videos, recording speech??? Must have a lot of nerves to do that sort of thing.

We can't record speech without consent. If we record speech without consent, it's eavesdropping, illegal and our cases would be thrown out.

Contrary to popular belief, it's not very exciting at all. Imagine sitting in a car when it's 90 F degrees for 4 hours waiting for a guy to get off work to see where he goes.

Or sitting in a parking lot for a few hours waiting for people to move.

It takes a lot of patience and the ability to "hold it" for a few hours.:L

I run a CNC Machine shop, we make parts for short track race cars, aftermarket harley and tier 3 automotive.

My boring story...

Certified ASE Master Auto Technician and shop owner...

I started with cars and wrenching at the tender age of 17 in a gas station, then after a couple of years of college, put in 18 years with various independents and GM dealerships where I got a lot of my training on C4 and F-body platforms. I had several "disagreements" with past bosses about work quality issues (they wanted "fast in fast out" whereas I stressed quality and attention to detail). During this time I was also active in NHRA drag racing, primarily in Super Street (Southeast Division) and ET brackets. I still hold a valid Super Street and Super Comp license, in the event I want another Wally (yes..I have one!). :D
In 2003 I took the big plunge and started my own business and as of the beginning of last year, been primarily doing nothing BUT Vettes. I do all phases of work, including restoration, performance and general repairs on all Corvette platforms... as of this moment, I've got models from C1 to C4 in the shop... the C1 is a 41,000 mile original '54 that's VERY nice! C4 is still my favorite platform, as evidenced by my selection of an '87 for the "shop car" (Black Light). Two of my clients cars I've done have grabbed first place trophys in shows they've entered already, so I'm fairly confident I'm on the right track... the next serious challenge for me is to have either one of my clients or a future personal Vette win a Flight award from the NCRS.

If you're in my area...feel free to stop in!

Senior Executive Peon of networking and wireless thingies. :)

Restaurant and Ice-cream parlour owner.I also own and manage residential and commercial property.I've owned the restaurant since '87 and acquired the real-estate through the years.....just about had it with the fast-food busines so I'm gearing up to retire from it and maybe have some time to drive my Vette more often....lol

St. Louis Local 1596 Carpenters and Jointers of America.

Commercial Trim and Fixtures Carpenter.

:beer

wilezcoyote said:
Farm hand
In my best Grampa Simpson voice ...

I remember back in 1970, when I was working on the farm in Federal prison. Why I was in the best physical condition I ever was; baling hay, branding cattle, castrating steers :eek, and man, I had a suntan that was the envy of all the other inmates. :L

I too tried Mickey D's when I was in high school but they wouldn't have me. Guess I couldn't make the cut required to be a McDonald's chef. ;LOL

Farmer-Tank mechanic in the Army Security Agency-Vietnam veteran-Farmer. I have raised irrigated corn and soybeans in central Nebraska since 1971. Love this website!!!

Senior Piping Designer

Senior Piping Designer is the official job title, but most of the engineers call us "Industrial Prostitutes" because we go anywhere for a dollar.;LOL

boss64 said:
I have raised irrigated corn and soybeans in central Nebraska since 1971.
Ahhhh....a 'pizza farmer'! (Some smart alec replied to an enquiring passenger about those round green things on the earth below the plane.)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom