Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What tires are you running and why?

What tire are you running?

• Michelin Pilot Sport PS2

Votes: 34 21.1%
  • Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar

Votes: 30 18.6%
  • Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

Votes: 19 11.8%
  • Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval

Votes: 18 11.2%
  • BF Goodrich gForce KDW-2

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Pirelli PZero Rosso

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Yokohama ADVAN Sport

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Kumho Ecsta MX

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nitto 555RII

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other Tire

Votes: 31 19.3%
  • Other Racing Tire

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters
I would appreciate knowing what size wheels you are running those tires on.

Front 8.5/18
Rear 10.5/18

2721145520103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

Hoosier A6, because they have more grip than any tire on the list. Just for track. My street tires at the moment, are Sumi HTRZiii, not at all bad for the price.

:thumb

what tires

I run Vredestein tires. Great handling tires, all around wet, dry and great lateral adhesion. Price is extremely reasonable. These are Dutch tires with excellent test scores when compared with many famous brands.

Almost went with the PS2s but decided to try the Michelin Pilot Super Sports after reading all the great reviews on many websites. Totally transformed the car. Went from the OEM sized 17" & 18" wheels with Michelin run flats to 18" & 19" wheels with 275/35-18s and 305/30-19s. So, several changes at once. Larger wheels, larger tires and no more run flats.

The car now corners like it is on rails with no skittishness or wheel hop. Most amazing high performance street tires I've ever run on any car. The car is also much smoother and much quieter in all situations.

I have GoodYear Eagle F1 Supercar for the rear. I have Falken FK452 for the front. I got the car with that setup and I love it. Goes around corners and grips very well. I will probably keep that setup. :)

I choose the Nitto NT-05's for summertime conditions. Dry & warm. Traction is the primary decision factor.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom