Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What type of jobs do Z06 owners have

Heavy Duty said:
Thanks Tammy. Sorry bout getting of the job topic. Of course we could use this as a PART time job topic:L.

H.D.:w
She would have to put the SC posts back then lol!

I own and operate a retail Furniture Store and 3 ecommerce web sites. The store has struggled for years because I refuse to sell cheap crap and engage in phony promotional advertising. We occupy the high end of a small market with a small store and 6 employees. In 1998 I blew up my shoulder swimming laps.
Tore my teres minor muscle all to h#ll. After surgery and 18 months of clinical PT I was referred to the Pain Clinic at a University Hosipital. I'm now a cronic pain patient and have limited activities available to me.;shrug The good news was because I couldn't actually work for a few years, I was able to learn out how to sell furniture on the Internet. I hired some Pros (website design, tech guys, graphic guys) and went on line. We saw sucess right away and it's only gotten better since then. We are now a several million/yr. company with generous profits. Thank you Lord...and Al Gore. (joke)

I tell you all this because it's relevant to my purchase of a 2006 coupe. It will be my 3rd Vette, but the first in 15 yrs. and about the only fun sports car that my shoulder can tolorate. Hard riding cars (even harsh riding) cause pain. The jiggleing motion fires up the shoulder and down goes a pain pill.
All the road tests and reviews that I've read talk about supple ride of the C6. After an unusually effective steroid injection last January, my pain is much reduced...so I test drove a used 2005 C6 for an afternoon and was delighted to find that indeed, it's a fine riding car and besides...I fell in love with it and it causes no pain.:cool

I'm so very blessed that I can buy this thing with cash and park it in the heated garage of the new home I had built last year. I'm 54 yrs old...the college funds are paid in full, the house has a small mortgage and I quit smoking 3 months ago. Dammit, I felt I DESERVED a new C6! :booty

I'm very happy to have found this site and have enjoyed the comments posted in the various forums.

Silverman

Silverman said:
I'm so very blessed that I can buy this thing with cash and park it in the heated garage of the new home I had built last year. I'm 54 yrs old...the college funds are paid in full, the house has a small mortgage and I quit smoking 3 months ago. Dammit, I felt I DESERVED a new C6! :booty

I'm very happy to have found this site and have enjoyed the comments posted in the various forums.

Silverman

Wow! That is excellent. It sounds like there was definitely a silver lining to the shoulder injury. Enjoy your just desserts :m

MsSchroder said:
Wow! That is excellent. It sounds like there was definitely a silver lining to the shoulder injury. Enjoy your just desserts :m

Thank you Ms. Moderator! When given a lemon, etc....

I raise my glass of lemonaid to you!

Silverman :w

Owned rental car offices, sold out in 99, and now just kick back, RETIRED.

No J-O-B :( :(

Unemployed software engineer.

All this outsourcing is KILLING us. That should be 'KILLING U.S'

mucha.jpg.w300h310.jpg

Cop, 19 years now.

I OWN MY OWN TRUCK AND TRAILER.SAVED AND PAY CASH FOR MINE BEFORE THE FUEL PRICES WENT CRAZY.BUT WOULDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING.NOTHING LIKE COMING HOME IN JUMPING IN THE Z AND FORGET THE WORLD

I retired at the end of 2001 after 25 years of being the Director of Development Services and Planning Director for a city in the Inland Empire area of Southern California. Now my wife and I do anything we want to do , which usually involves traveling and going on cruises, hotrodding around in our '65 Chevelle Malibu SS, autocrossing and tracking our '69 Porsche 911, and enjoying our 2002 Z06 that we acquired a couple of months ago. I recently drove the Z-car up to A & A Corvettes and talked with Andy about supercharging it. When we first bought the Z06, I told my wife that I would leave the car stock, but that was several mods ago and she is a real hotrodder at heart but thinks the car is great the way it came from the factory. We really don't have any plans to race the Corvette, so besides getting on the freeway faster and the wow factor at the local cruise night, the car needs a supercharger like we needed the French in Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Rod

HotrodZ06-
How cool! Another city planner at the CAC! I've been all alone here for a while now. Good to see you here!

:w
-Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Yeah, us planner-types have to stick together! I spent 30 years in the planning field. I always said that I would retire before I lost my sense of humor and my health, and I've known several planners (mostly consultants) who have died at an early age from all the stress related to this type of work. I sure don't miss the weekly Planning Commission and City Council meetings, and citizens with tar and feathers sitting in the back of the room. But, I had a lot of job satisfaction over the years and hopefully had a positive impact on the communities I served and the people I worked with along the way. Keep plugging away.

Rod

Retired...But at 39 years old that did not last long..I started a new constuction company last year and with 8.6 million in sale of new homes I will retire for good next year...I just bought 1750 acers in Montana with a river running through it..Can't wait to fish and hunt everyday...

PhatZO6 said:
Retired...But at 39 years old that did not last long..I started a new constuction company last year and with 8.6 million in sale of new homes I will retire for good next year...I just bought 1750 acers in Montana with a river running through it..Can't wait to fish and hunt everyday...

PhatZ06,
I trust you did obtain the necessary land entitlements for all that residential development, didn't you? Made sure it's properly served for utilities, and accessible for emergency service providers? Didn't over-grade the site? Stuff like that is very important to people like HotrodZ06 and myself. :L

-Patrick

Patrick, I am building one house on the land in Montana "MINE"...I dont want any neighbors.........Just peace and quite, Only the scream of a fly rod and a few gun shots.........

PhatZ06,
Are you saying I can't tempt you with some obscure zoning provision, or subdivision regulation? Well, what fun is that? :L

Congrats on your parcel of peace. I envy you that you can have no neighbors.

:w
-Patrick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom