Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What's my Corvette worth?

Darksaga

Corvette
1985 White/black coupe
Hi, I have an 85 Corvette..I'm just curious if 7800 is fair for this? Or should I ask more?

Tires:
New BF Goodwrench sport tires all around
Chromed corvette rims

Exhaust:
Newer stainless steel true dual ehaust, sounds and looks amazing

Engine:
New 350 engine with 3,500 miles on it
375 horsepower and 400ft lbs of torque
receipts are accounted for
390 comp cam
750 edelbrock 4bbl carb
Hooker super comp headers
MSD dist and ignition system
Chrome alternator and shiny aluminum all around
and much more newer things

Here's a pic of it:
l_c83ed534a11a4f43ab8f0cd3a1a46bd3.jpg

Transmission:
Auto with a Transgo shift kit
Everything was beefed up for the horsepower (3,500 on it aswell)

Interior:
Brand new seats
Pioneer CD player
Nearly mint if not fully mint

Exterior:
White with black stripes down the middle, Has some chips on the bumper and one on the passenger side. otherwise shiny and good paint all around.

I'd pay 7800 for that if I had the cash.

You can ask whatever you want...the key is what would someone be willing to give you for it? It's not a great market out there right now, if you need to sell it badly you may have to come down if the right buyer isn't around. If you are willing to wait it out you might be able to get it without much trouble. Remember you have a specialty car (it's no longer stock) and you have to find the right buyer.

Good luck with your quest. :thumb

I'd say that it would be a " well bought " car for someone, considering corrosion is not an issue. Its funny how some people actually look at engine enhancements as a bad thing. It is the 1 reason I have been so reluctant to sink any money into real performance upgrades. That may change real soon though.

Time for a curve ball. Whats a RHD 1985 vette worth in the states. It might be worth exporting if your allowed to drive it.

You can ask whatever you want...the key is what would someone be willing to give you for it? It's not a great market out there right now, if you need to sell it badly you may have to come down if the right buyer isn't around. If you are willing to wait it out you might be able to get it without much trouble. Remember you have a specialty car (it's no longer stock) and you have to find the right buyer.

Good luck with your quest. :thumb

great advice. I would tell you the same but also add that when selling the car not to tell the person you are selling to that you "need" to sell the car. needing to sell the car nets you less $$. Wanting to sell the car means you will wait a little longer to get a good deal plus sell to someone who will take care of it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom